40 Gallon Tank My community(let the flaming begin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkdeath75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I know I will receive a slap for this and it is probably why I haven't posted any pics yet......but so you all know this is my wife's tank and dare I try to tell her what is right and wrong, I would be homeless......

This is my 40 gallon community setup.....*sigh*
4xHarlequin Rasboras
4x Cherry Barbs
3xRed Wag Platies
1xSwordtail Platy
1x Zebra Danio
1xBlue Guppy
1xFeamle killifish(me thinks)
1xMarble Molly
1xBlack Molly
1xDalmation Molly
1xCommon Pleco

and.....here we go

1x Electric Blue Johanni
1xElectric Yellow Lab
1xSpotted Raphael Cat
1xOpaline Gourami
1x Golden Gourami
1xPearl Gourami

They have been together in the tank now going on a month(2 months for the yellow) and so far so good....but I know it isn't right. I will post some photos

Attachments

OP
blkdeath75

blkdeath75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My molly and guppy fry and I think this is a Chinese Algae eater. Was sold to my wife at the LFS when she was asking for Oto's to which the employee told her " Oh we just call em Algae Eaters, but they are Oto's." I sighed and added him to my fry tank cause we had a brown diatom problem I think it was and let me tell you....this guy had the tank SPOTLESS in 3 days tops......excellent for the brown looking algae at least!!! Here's some pics...note: Black Molly Fry are hard to photo in black and red substrate lol.

Attachments

OP
blkdeath75

blkdeath75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Lucy: ty

Monmouth: I know....I'm burnin the candle at both ends tryin to get a 55 deluxe here and start the Mbuna setup.

Lil: Yes he is....I think that was actually the runt....the other 3 are bigger but they are all a deep red like that...I love em.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nobody commented on my betta guy? I thought he was really cool looking! I tried to match the Neons colors lol.
He's a beautiful little guy.
I was being nice and not commenting on your choice of stocking.
I'm not a big fan of bettas in community tanks. More often than not things turn badly.

Last edited:

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It might work for a week, a month, three months, but somewhere down the line someone ends up hurt or killed.
Most bettas are solitary fish and are stress with so much movement in the tank.
Keep an eye on things and be prepared to move someone if things don't look right.

coffeebean

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
nice tanks/fish. hope you get a new set up before some of them get bigger!!
love the betta. all my bettas are in community tanks. the one i have had the longest is going on nearly two years in a 20 gallon with black rasborras, orange von rio tetras, a sargent major loach, shrimp and snails. never had any issues. my sons betta is with guppies. no issues.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
so far so good....but I know it isn't right.
Flaming is not allowed on this forum. And we don't need to judge you, because it looks like you're judging yourself without our help. All you need to do now is put on your big boy pants and to the right thing for the fish.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I know the perfect smiley for this, but we don't have it.

It would be a little dragon blowing flames. We probably don't have it since flaming is not allowed

Since you know about the stocking situation, I won't flame you either. Let's face it, we've all been victims of horrible advice from the LFS at some time or other.

You have some absolutely gorgeous fish! Love em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 74 67.3%

Top Bottom