My Columbian Red Fins, Its Cool To School When No Ones Watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattS99

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have been keeping Colombians for about 2 years now, currently have seven. They will not school. They go off in separate groups.

LA58

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It seems as if my younger Colombians enjoy zipping around together. The older ones like to hang together and be still. Now, when I give them a cube of freeze dried brine shrimp or sun dried gammarus they all go bezerk and fly around in a absolute frenzy! So very cool to watch that. Yes, I have a glass top on their tank! Nice tank grant. Enjoyed your videos.

MattS99

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It seems as if my younger Colombians enjoy zipping around together. The older ones like to hang together and be still. Now, when I give them a cube of freeze dried brine shrimp or sun dried gammarus they all go bezerk and fly around in a absolute frenzy! So very cool to watch that. Yes, I have a glass top on their tank! Nice tank grant. Enjoyed your videos.
Yeah, my Colombians go into feeding frenzy mode as well. So do my new glowlights. It's pretty crazy when you have 13 fish freaking out over some food. Mine don't really separate into 'older' and 'younger' groups, it's just whoever they want to chill with that day. All are fairly acti

OP
grantm91

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Mine usually sit together in a group, sometimes one goes off on its own lol, and its a 55gal i think well 200litre. And they were a lucky buy really didnt know how cool and what ravenous eaters they were i just wanted a small group of schoolers and ended up with these, they are the best small schoolers in my oppion would deffo recomend, also the look like ghosts when you do a waterchange they lose all the red it looks mad all in all a great little fish.

OP
grantm91

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years

they even go mad for peas, they are spiked with garlic though to make them eat there greens lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 42 64.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 18.5%

Top Bottom