My Clownfish Pair!

new_sw_gurl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The whole reason I wanted an aquarium. Just wanted to share my new pair!! So far, they're getting along great. Looks like the black one will be the female as the Orange one is constantly submitting. She turns around and he lays on his side. They're so much fun to watch!! They're swimming everywhere & seem to be very happy. Enjoy the pictures!
I'm such a proud mom!

Attachments

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A beautiful pair! You can also tell because in most, if not all cases, the female is biggest

new_sw_gurl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They're very close in size. I think the black one is bigger, but it could be my eyes playing tricks on me.
Someday I hope to be able to breed them, but for now I'll be beside myself if they actually spawn!

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You will soon be able to tell, the female will grow at a much much faster rate than the male and will also reach a larger adult size

new_sw_gurl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the comments guys! I've had them together for 2 days now. Can't take my eyes off of them when I'm at home. Perhaps I should get a web cam for when I have to be at work!

Does anyone have experience breeding their clownfish? I've heard a special diet will help "make it happen". Right now I'm feeding pellets with frozen mysis. Thoughts??

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom