My Celestial Pearl Danios and Gourami

emily8

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Do they prefer to be in groups? I'm thinking maybe a 29 gallon instead of a 20 (I don't know if you saw my thread) and I'm pretty excited.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
emily8 said:
Do they prefer to be in groups? I'm thinking maybe a 29 gallon instead of a 20 (I don't know if you saw my thread) and I'm pretty excited.
I'm not sure about the Thick lipped being in groups. I've read that they can be kept together, but I don't know for sure. Personally, I didn't chance getting 2.

I bought three Sparklers, had to remove one and a guppy when they spawned because they got aggressive.
They'll chase my tetras when spawning but not as relentless as the other SG and guppy were harassed.
My theory is I got 2 males and a female, but I can't sex them.
Perhaps a larger group would have worked better.

On a side note, the guppy and SG are best of friends in a different tank. lol

haedra

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Lucy said:
Thanks! I love your new sig!
Thanks. I made it using a pic I took of my beloved Blueberry.

I really am in love with your gourami. He's got this cute little face that inspires me to want to sit in front of him and make fish faces at him.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
haedra said:
I really am in love with your gourami. He's got this cute little face that inspires me to want to sit in front of him and make fish faces at him.

Yeah, we do that a lot around here.
My husband likes to waggle his finger at him and say "Hey There Gourami Dude".

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Emily-- I have seen thick-lips at the LFS, so I know at the very least they can special order them. I may have seen the CPD's too, but not 100% sure.

BennyB

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Nice! Those are pretty fish. I might have to get some of those.
When I get my 125 gallon tank I wanted to use my 20 g for either a betta, some cichlids or a couple of gouramis.
Your gourami is cute, I'm having a very tough time deciding.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
benjaminBreaker said:
Nice! Those are pretty fish. I might have to get some of those.
When I get my 125 gallon tank I wanted to use my 20 g for either a betta, some cichlids or a couple of gouramis.
Your gourami is cute, I'm having a very tough time deciding.
Thanks!
It is hard deciding especially when the fish you mention aren't compatable.
That's how we end up with so many tanks. lol

ray_sj

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Beautiful fish! Are the celestial pearl danios very active fish? Where do they like to swim?

I thought about getting some of these before, and your pics just reminded me of them again! My fish shopping list just gets longer and longer...

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ray_sj said:
Beautiful fish! Are the celestial pearl danios very active fish? Where do they like to swim?
Thanks! So far, they seem to prefer the middle. They're pretty active.
Sometimes they get together swim against the current. My husband says it reminds him of salmon. lol
To get a better effect of their beauty, I'd suggest more than 6, if you have room (and $ lol).

hooedc

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
crazy thing about the CPD though that I have read about. Some people want to boycott them in fish keeping world due too in their place of origin they are becoming scarce... But the crazy thing is that they are apperantly raising them in fish farms and got more there then in the wild.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
hooedc said:
crazy thing about the CPD though that I have read about. Some people want to boycott them in fish keeping world due too in their place of origin they are becoming scarce... But the crazy thing is that they are apperantly raising them in fish farms and got more there then in the wild.
I read that also. Most of it was written when this fish was first introduced to the aquarium trade. From later writings it seems they're fairly easy to breed and many the are sold now were bred in captivity.

hooedc

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
yeah I just thought that was crazy. they are easy to breed and seem to have more that are in captivity then in the wild.

danio_mano

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Celestial Pearl Danio is so on my wishlist now, im ringing my local to get some of those cuties

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom