My cat is missing

1. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

My cat Izzy has not come home for almost two days. She goes out to hunt but normally she returns by now. It is pretty hot here and I am so worried :(

Some of you might know her as the cat in the dollhouse from another thread.

Any advice?

Here are the things I have already done (and keep in mind that today is the first day I have been worried as she sometimes disappears for a day):

1. Called the local animal shelter and checked their website which they update regularly.

2. Reported her as missing with the company that manages her microchip.

3. Checked the neighborhood and left food and water outside the house.

4. Made a flier which I will put up as soon as my husband comes home from walmart with the color ink for my printer.

2. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Awh no!! Hope you find Izzy soon! I had my last cat (before my current one) go missing in my 11th birthday - the results weren't good Hopefully you'll have more luck than me! Sending positive thought and good vibes your way from Ireland!!!
    Hopefully Izzy stays safe I until her return home

3. peregrine Member Member

Sorry to hear that.

I had one of my cats go missing for 4 days. We let him out during the day ((lived in a small farming town)) did the same thing as you. By day 4 we feared the worst. Next thing we knew I was mowing the lawn and he came meandering through the orchard across the street then meowed at the door for me to let him in...

In short. Hope your story turns out close to mine....

4. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

Thanks I hope so too. She has done this before for a day and I get worried and then she comes home like "why are you screaming my name like a crazy cat lady?!?!?" Lol. I am hoping she is just on an extended hunting trip.

Fliers are now posted and food and water are waiting outside for her return....

5. marijo Well Known Member Member

Hope you will find your cat soon, mine often got me worried, going missing for 2-3 days and then was back like nothing happend....she was gone camping, lots of mice to eat in the summer ....

6. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

I am hopeful that this is the case but starting to become more and more concerned. Might launch a aggressive neighborhood search today.

7. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Awwww fingers crossed.
    Our cat was closed in for a night somewhere in the neighbourhood.

Aweful experience !!

8. cheese Member Member

awh I'm so sorry! it's horrible when a pet goes missing :( I really really hope you find her soon...best of luck!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

9. cheese Member Member

have you heard anything about izzy? has anyone contacted you with any info? is she home yet? praying for you x

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

10. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

I got a call last night about a potential spotting but it was pretty far out of her territory. I went to look anyway and it wasnt her. Thanks for asking and thinking about her. I appreciate it :)

11. peregrine Member Member

Aww saw you had replied my hope was it was to say you found your poor kitty.. But remember. If you haven't heard anything it's a good sign since it's micro chipped...It means animal control hasn't' found it :)

12. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

SHES HOME!!! She is eating like she has never had food before! Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and wishes

13. Geoff Well Known Member Member

Great news! Must be a wonderful feeling. :)

14. peregrine Member Member

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. bizaliz3 Fishlore VIP Member

Woo HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

16. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

Finishing up some tasty food!
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1466719083.907990.jpg

17. fisharegreat8962 Member Member

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad she's home now!!!

Wishing you and your fishies (and kitty) the best!

18. peregrine Member Member

Beautiful dark calico..

19. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

I have never been able to decide if she is more like a tortie or calico

20. peregrine Member Member

Yeah she really does look like a cross between both.