My canister filter won’t stop making noise

TheFishFella

Heyo! So all day my canister filter has been making a lot more noise that it should be. It sounds like water is struggling to get through?? I cleaned the tank and filter today (hoping that would help but it didn’t) I made sure that the propeller was in the right position and that everything was together correctly. It’s the aqueoun (200 I believe) canister filter. I’m thinking it’s the tubes of the filter since I haven’t been able to clean those yet, but I was hoping for piece of mind before I sleep if anyone might know what to do? I just don’t want to wake up to a puddle everywhere!

PlantedCommunityTank132

Heyo. Did you clean the motor properly? Thats the only thing that came to my mind. I know this isn't a lot of help, but I hope this helps a tiny bit

TheFishFella

Heyo. Did you clean the motor properly? Thats the only thing that came to my mind. I know this isn't a lot of help, but I hope this helps a tiny bit
I did, and I also made sure it went into the right spot because I thought that might’ve been the issue as well. I look into it more

kansas

I'm new to canister filters, but read they make noise if air is getting in. Could there be a leak somewhere? Maybe you need to replace a gasket?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WTFish?
Replies
Views
DarkOne
Replies
Views
Shiro Kabocha
  • Question
Replies