My Boyfriend And My Tarentula

1. CosmicDodo42

CosmicDodo42 Member Member

I really like my boyfriend,but he has archaniphobia, and unfornately for him, I’ve been keeping two tarenulas (Parker and Trent) for at least two years, and I really like Parker and Trent, and my boyfriend. So he’s been a little Afraid of Both of them, and I don’t want him terrifed to enter my room, so what should I do?

2. wodesorel

wodesorel Member Member

Talk with him about it! See what he is comfortable with, and don't try to force an interaction he isn't ready for. With any luck he'll be able to be okay with the idea that they are contained and cannot bother or harm him.

I have bad arachnophobia (even though I breed scorpions) and my mother is severely arachnophobic. What I can handle and what she can handle are on two totally different levels. She cannot be in the same room as a spider that she knows about until it is dead. I am generally mostly okay until it hits a certain size or is a certain type and then I turn into a blubbering screaming idiot. Spiders that are caged are perfectly okay in my book, but I would still prefer not to look at most of them as the physical reaction that occurs is strong and unavoidable. I even have reactions to dead ones, the hair on the back of me neck stands on end.

It is a completely irrational fear, but it doesn't change how it makes a person feel, even if they fully recognize how silly it is!

3. s

smee82 Well Known Member Member

Just leave him be he will slowly get used to them. if he doesnt and you end up marrying him you will always have a not so secret weapon.

4. scarface

scarface Well Known Member Member

Put them on him while he's asleep, take photos, then show him after he wakes up. I'm sure this will cure his phobia. :emoji_grimacing: