My boy in his new tank, anything to make sure of?

Zephyrski

Hi all. I'm planning on hopefully putting my boy Cosmo in his new tank that's been cycling for almost a month, in tomorrow. I wanted to do it sooner but he had other ideas and got some scales on his head off scraped off. So I gave him some aquirum salt and he healed up very quickly. It's been about a week since then. So is there anything I should make sure of for him or the tank? I'll be checking the water parameters tomorrow as well.

ProudPapa

Why is he getting a new tank? Is this one larger?

BigManAquatics

A picture of the tank might be helpful, might be able to help stave off potential fin hazards especially.

Zephyrski

Why is he getting a new tank? Is this one larger?
Yes, he's been in a temporary 3 gallon while his new 6 gallon was finishing up.i bought the tank before the fish and got the fish unexpectedly
A picture of the tank might be helpful, might be able to help stave off potential fin hazards especially.
Ah right sorry forgot that. There's a nerite in the tank, but he seems to mind his own business. I bought everything in the tank with the thoughts of flowy fins
You must be registered to see images

BigManAquatics

My only sorta concern is that log. Those inside edges may need a sanding to smooth/round a bit, but they may be just fine as well.

JuDom

Looks pretty good to me :) Cosmo is gonna be a happy fish!

ProudPapa

Yes, he's been in a temporary 3 gallon while his new 6 gallon was finishing up.i bought the tank before the fish and got the fish unexpectedly

Is that temporary 3-gallon tank cycled?

Zephyrski

My only sorta concern is that log. Those inside edges may need a sanding to smooth/round a bit, but they may be just fine as well.
They seemed good upon the first inspection. No sharp points to the finger, but I didn't hear about the nylon trick until after so I may wanna do that later.
Looks pretty good to me :) Cosmo is gonna be a happy fish!
Well I sure hope he'll enjoy it!
Is that temporary 3-gallon tank cycled?
No, given that it was expected I had to do a fish in cycle. I've been keeping up with regular water changes and using seachem prime with a water conditioner meant for Bettas. Of course the tank has a heater and an air line for water movements and oxygen purposes.

FoldedCheese

If the smaller tank isn't cycled it would make more sense to just transfer him to the bigger tank and do a fish-in cycle there. Easier to keep water parameters under control.

Zephyrski

If the smaller tank isn't cycled it would make more sense to just transfer him to the bigger tank and do a fish-in cycle there. Easier to keep water parameters under control.
I know it probably would've made more sense, but the new tank was just stating to clear itself up and I didn't want to make everything go wacky. So I just went with a whole new setup

JuDom

I know it probably would've made more sense, but the new tank was just stating to clear itself up and I didn't want to make everything go wacky. So I just went with a whole new setup
Understandable.
However, no sense in cycling two tanks when you could just cycle one, right?
If you’re putting Cosmo in a non-cycled tank now..keeping up with WCs and checking parameters every day then I’d recommend just getting him into his permanent home. The WCs won’t be too much more work since your permanent tank isn’t large.

Zephyrski

Understandable.
However, no sense in cycling two tanks when you could just cycle one, right?
If you’re putting Cosmo in a non-cycled tank now..keeping up with WCs and checking parameters every day then I’d recommend just getting him into his permanent home. The WCs won’t be too much more work since your permanent tank isn’t large.
Yeaah that makes sense. I was planning on putting him in his permanent one today, so the temp tank will be gone anyway.
At first I just wanted to keep him separate to make sure he wasnt sick. Then he knocked his head so there he stayed for longer than originally thought.

Zephyrski

Little update, he's in the tank and absolutely loving it!

JuDom

Yay for Cosmo! It looks great. :D

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ezzephyr
Replies
Views
julifhy
  • Question