My Blue Mystery Snail Hurt Herself... Help

Discussion in 'Snails' started by FriarThomasIII, Apr 11, 2018.

1. FriarThomasIII

FriarThomasIII Well Known Member Member

So a long time ago, I got this blue mystery snail with a few guppies and an oto, and she was the only one of the group to survive and live. Now, about 5 months in my tank, I moved her to the 10 gallon to keep the bacteria and cycle alive and eat the algea growing in there. I had gotten some new water sprite clumps, so I wanted to plant them and move some things around to create hiding spaces for the fish I want. My mother called me to watch something in her tank, he beautiful convict cichlid do a tail flip to make the flake food sink. While I was away, she crawled out the top and fell about 2.5 feet and broke her shell in two. She is missing about 1x1 inch piece of shell, and he body kinda swelled. Help!?!

2. appcontrol

appcontrol Well Known Member Member

I think you can't do anything now. Time will tell shell should rebuild it self but will he survive no one can tell you.

3. OP
    OP
    FriarThomasIII

YEah I've heard that she might calcify. I hope she makes it.

4. appcontrol

appcontrol Well Known Member Member

Yep, my did break somehow on a half his shell and it did grow, but only question is dose he have internal damage if that is case then...
    But good luck i hooe he will make it.

5. OP
    OP
    FriarThomasIII

Well, the shell was in two seperate pieces. No a crack or fracture. IMG_20180411_061954.jpg There is the (quite large) chunk of shell that broke off.

6. Pringlethesnail

Pringlethesnail Well Known Member Member

I can’t see anything from the picture, it comes up really blurry on this end, but if there is no missing pieces you can use aquarium silicone to repair it. If you post some better pictures I can tell you for sure if it’s worth trying and how to do it

7. OP
    OP
    FriarThomasIII

I had to hold them together, but all in all, the pieces add up to about the size of a quarter/half dollar.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice