My blue haps have bred!!

Allie
We are so excited here. They have only been here just over a week & only a few days in the 120g. We just gave the dominant fish away last night.
They bred while I was out getting stuff for the betta this earlier this afternoon.
The guy who had them for awhile said they bred at least 5 times in the past 8 months, having about 50 fry.
Here is a pix of mom with her full mouth.

COBettaCouple
congrats on your newest fry! can't wait for them to come out.

Allie
congrats on your newest fry! can't wait for them to come out.
Thanks. The best thing is once one pair breeds the rest get in the mood too.

COBettaCouple
lol - fishie see, fishie do, huh?

Thanks. The best thing is once one pair breeds the rest get in the mood too.

Allie
Howeyg
congrats

melawii
haha that's so funny looking how they do that! very cool tho, best of luck!!

Allie
haha that's so funny looking how they do that! very cool tho, best of luck!!
Thanks!
You should see the female eureka peacock species hold. T hey have big eyes so when they get skinny their eyes get bigger looking. Poor fish are ugly.

she lost them. We moved her into a 10 gallon to spit...but I guess the move wigged her out.

Trpimp147
I know that feeling mine keep doing that. and I put a little salt in to destress her I am going to let her almost drop them in the main tank so if she spits a little erly then they weill almost be fully developed

Allie
Our female ice top zebra is still holding...our yellow labs have been flirting too. Once the labs start they won't stop. lol

Trpimp147
well I have some eggs/fry attached to them in an egg tumbler and yea I donno if they are alive or not time will tell if nothing changes in a few days. my aceI have breed 3 times now in 3 months

Allie
well I have some eggs/fry attached to them in an egg tumbler and yea I donno if they are alive or not time will tell if nothing changes in a few days. my aceI have breed 3 times now in 3 months
That seems normal with most malawI africans. Our yellow labs were about as productive. But some take forever to breed...certain species are too calm to be in with others...Blue dolphins for example usually don't breed until they are a year and a half 5-6" big...they can get up to 9". They are mildly aggressive and should be kept with other mildly aggressive species. Or a species only tank if you want them to breed regularly. Weird eh?

FishnFry
she lost them. We moved her into a 10 gallon to spit...but I guess the move wigged her out.

Sorry to hear about that Allie! Guess you scared her which happens a lot.

You'll have lots of fry in no time. Monkey see monkey do.

That seems normal with most malawI africans. Our yellow labs were about as productive. But some take forever to breed...certain species are too calm to be in with others...Blue dolphins for example usually don't breed until they are a year and a half 5-6" big...they can get up to 9". They are mildly aggressive and should be kept with other mildly aggressive species. Or a species only tank if you want them to breed regularly. Weird eh?

Do you have blue dolphins too?

Allie
Do you have blue dolphins too?
Yup Rone just brought home 5 the other day...just babies. PU in Burnside had them for $10 each.

FishnFry
Oh yeah I've seen those. Good pricing on africans these days and more selections too.

neverendingninja
Sounds like Rone works in a pretty cool LFS. Wish mine had that good of selections. Mine doesn't even stock Apistogrammas

Well, I take that back...they keep "Apistogramma Ramirezi"....ha!

COBettaCouple
that stinks that she lost the eggs.

Allie
Sounds like Rone works in a pretty cool LFS. Wish mine had that good of selections. Mine doesn't even stock Apistogrammas

Well, I take that back...they keep "Apistogramma Ramirezi"....ha!
He doesn't work there he is just a preferred customer. We are opening our own store in the early spring tho.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
LeviS
Replies
Views
SM1199
Replies
Views
Kathy Potts
Replies