My black molly has let out fries

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi pals,

I was so happy to see my Black molly release some fries this morning. I've taken out the bigger fishes out and put them in a separate container.

I haven't taken the fries out from the main tank, as I had to come to office a bit early today.

Will have to return home, separate them & count how many are there.

I'm so glad and wanted 2 share this with you.

I already have 25 fries in a cement tank. They are doing fine and are all grown up to almost an inch now. I'm going to put these with them.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh groan boxermom(hopefully shoestring)
lokky.funky glad your babies are doing well, fry are always exciting.
Carol

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't resist. The visual of a molly with a french fry hanging out of its butt was too much for me this early in the morning. Better than a waffle fry though, eh?

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
Wat is that Shoestring / Homestyle?

I'm not used to these terms... :

Btw, there were 10 black molly fries when i returned home, took them out of the main tank and counted..

A few are not fully black.. they are greyish in colour..

Cheers
Lokky

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new additions to your finned family buddy..and if you follow the game of Cricket,good luck when your team meets mine in Jamaica today for the Fourth Test..although with the amount of Tropical waves we've gone through in Trinidad over the last few days,I'm pretty sure most of that rain will affect play and force a draw like the previous three tests.

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
hmm.. yeah Richard

I follow Cricket and my fav team is my own country, India. But they are not doing well against the Windies at the moment. They are allout for 200 on the first day

Now, i've around 35 fries in a cement tank and they are all doing well. It is a huge tank, which would be around 15 gallon, double the size of my main tank

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ones. My female molly had two babies about a week ago, they are in the community tank with the other fish. They swim right along with the big fisheys and they don't even bother em. I was afraid the babies would have to hide all the time but they don't. They swim right out in the open with the others, it's amazing.

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My fries are doing well and I've started feeding them Freeze Dried Tubifex worms. Will that improve growth of these small creatures?

I also read about something called "In-breeding" which is breeding between the siblings. The article described that it will produce not very good fries!! Is that true? Anybody knows about this?

Please explain.

Hi Richard,

India have won the 4th test and the test series. The test match ended inside three days! hmmm..

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Aaaaaarrrgghhhhh..if our batters had only done as well as our bowlers did(for a change),we might've won this game!!...ah well,as they say-'Cricket..the game of glorious uncertainties'..now,how are those Molly-Fry going?..I have ten myself that are doing quite well..I'd recommend you start yours off on Kyorin First Bites which gives them food that's full of vitamins and small enough for them to swallow at their current size..in about two to three weeks,they'll be big enough for freeze-dried Brine Shrimp powder(the powder that's left back from the cubes you might be feeding bigger fish)..and approx. six weeks after mine were born,they were eating Tetra Betta Min Tropical Medley flakes like I eat a good curry(which I love),inhaling it!..If the Tubiflex Woms you're giving them comes in cube form,just grind it up to near powder form before you feed them and you should be ok..cheers.

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
hurrah..

another batch of fries from another black female molly.. There were six in total..

It is a great feeeeeeeling to see this cute lil ones swimming around

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
I jus cannot believe my luck...

another 16 fries from my white molly. All are doing well. ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom