Question my black molly fry runt

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
so about 1 1/2 weeks ago i bought my first 2 black mollies to ad to my angelfish aquarium and the female was pregnant and i saved 9 of her fry the rest were eaten im down to eight all seem healthy except 1 hes a lot smaller than the others and his color is like that of a tadpole he swims lower than the others but he eats well as any should i be concerned? is it underdeveloped?

2 upside down cats
1 common plec
1 yoyo loach
1 clown loach
8 black molly fry

Last edited:

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It could be. I had a platy fry kinda like that, it was a different color and mostly laid on the bottom of the breeder box. It ate and every once in awhile tried to swim but it would just sink back down. It died within a few days. I also had 3 Molly fry like that and I'm sure they were preemies because their mom never really looked pregnant. Two were weak swimmers and mostly just laid on the bottom but one was a good swimmer. They all died within a few days, I'm not sure if they were eaten or if they just were too small to make it.

There's really nothing you can do for it other than frequent water changes and feedings.

-Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 74 67.3%

Top Bottom