my bettas

betta2006

Reaction score
I have 2 bettas one male one female i put the male in one tank and the female in one tank and i put them side to side it looks like the male is flaring at her but built no bubblenest and the female pays no attention to him but has stripes and she is somewhat plump please tell me why this is happening?

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
Your female has eggs in her probaly. Can you pleas tell me if her Bars are this way: II or this way =

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Do you know if it is a mouthbrooding betta? Mouthbrooding bettas don't build nests, so it might be that you have one.

betta2006

Reaction score
The bars were this way = and the male built a bubble nest but it is very small and this is what is happening

the female swims up to the bubblenest for a while

then the male comes up and nips her chasing her down AND THEN HE GUARDS it

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
She is interested the = lines meen she is redy to breed.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They need to have been getting a special diet of high protein foods and being gotten ready in other ways for a while now. It could be that they want to breed but have not been properly prepared. The two of them should NEVER be in the tank together until they are ready to spawn and going to do it. If it is not going to happen then she needs to be removed or there is going to be a fight and he can kill her.

I have heard of a male and a female who were not a BREEDING PAIR who went through this many times but never did breed as they just never accepted each other. They can be ready but if they do not choose to like each other they will not spawn.

This is why most breeders buy them in BREEDING PAIRS.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom