My bettas - Then and now

Martinismommy
They say a picture is worth a thousand words....Well here are 2! This boy is a good 4-5 inches long...He is gigantic!

Then

212.jpg

Now

218.jpg

Butterfly
He's gorgeous. I just can't imagine them being that big. The link I posted in one of the other threads mentions the giants.
Carol

Martinismommy
I had never seen a betta as big as him....This is why when I saw his sad face laying sideways in the cup I just had to bring him home....I have grown very attached to him.....

Allie
Wow his blue is very nice. Glad you brought him home.

Fishies-for-me
What a diff...are you sure someone isn't playing a joke on you and switched fishies??...lol...Nice job.

Martinismommy
What a diff...are you sure someone isn't playing a joke on you and switched fishies??...lol...Nice job.[/QUOTE

Yes I'm sure lol.....Steve pretends like we have no fish lol

It is a perfect example of what clean water, good filtration, great food and attention will do for a "Cupkid"

shellbell4ever
Very Nice...Your a great Betta Mommy

COBettaCouple
Yea, isn't it great how they flourish with love and proper care? He reminds me of the difference in Sweetie between when we got her and a few months later.

MinxMermaid
BEAUTIFUL!!!

he looks just like my Sir Royal Blue. I was noticing that Royal's face/head is getting DARKER, just like your boy's did. guess all is OK!

Yesterday at the LFS, we saw some GIANT BETTAS too! OMG! they were like 4" in the CUP!!

Martinismommy
This guy is at least 4 inches long from head to tail.....Maybe even longer.....It is weird to look into his tank he's so darn big!

Did they have those big guys listed as giants?

Lucy
What a huge difference! He's beautiful...he could be Prissy's brother.

peacemaker92
He's beautiful! I can't imagine seeing such a big betta! You're a lucky owner! Good job!

COBettaCouple
Only our Teddy Bear is close to that big in our Betta family.

chickadee
An actual Giant betta is really about 7" but the SemI Giants get to the 3.5 to 4 inch size so I am guessing what you have in Lennox is the cross of a regular betta and a Giant.

Rose

Martinismommy
Not sure what he is but that's probably right....I had never seen one as large as him....

hockeyref88
He is beautiful and you've done a fantastic job but................................
Are you giving him Betta growth hormone or steroids or something??? 5 inches? That's HUGE!!! ....Your the bomb betta mom!!!

Martinismommy
Thank you Rick....NO, I'm not giving him hormones lol.....I just brought him home and gave him room to swim in a clean tank and good food...Oh, and lots of love....He was big when I got him...That's why I brought him home....He was so large he couldn't even fit in that stupid cup! It was the saddest thing I'd ever seen....

COBettaCouple
Yea, that's what got Stacy when she saw Teddy Bear in that little bag at the Betta auction. She's the one who wanted to bring him home. I didn't know about Feathered Bettas then. But he's small compared to Lennox.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Angela_96
Replies
Views
CatBeta
Replies
Views
Valentina544
Replies
Views