My betta sp, Jasper & Holly

Allie
Here's some pix of my last 2 betta.
Jasper's tail is getting much better with no filtration at all, every second day water changes & fish protector.
Holly my feisty female double ray crown tail is doing fine. All 3 of her sorority sisters died because of a tumor or fungus. Hope she remains healthy.

Barbrella
Wow! I can't believe how long Jasper's fins are! Gorgeous..

I named my new girl Holly too. Your Holly is so pretty.

Allie
Wow! I can't believe how long Jasper's fins are! Gorgeous..
And some of it has rotted off too. Maybe having such long fins is the fin rot problem...dragging them

I named my new girl Holly too. Your Holly is so pretty.
Thanks.
Cute, Holly is a cute name for female Betta who have spunky personalities.

0morrokh
Very pretty Bettas...I love the pic with Jasper reflected on the surface.

COBettaCouple
Such beautiful Bettas! I've not seen a Betta with such long anal & ventral fins! What substrata does he have right now?

Allie
Such beautiful Bettas! I've not seen a Betta with such long anal & ventral fins! What substrata does he have right now?
Thanks...Still the silica sand...which doesn't seem to be affecting him...one more break out and bring on another substrate.

Do you think that he is prone to fin rot b/c his fins are so long?

0morrokh
Thanks...Still the silica sand...which doesn't seem to be affecting him...one more break out and bring on another substrate.

Do you think that he is prone to fin rot b/c his fins are so long?

Probably. It's the one disadvantage about male Bettas.

COBettaCouple
I've not used the silica sand so i'm not sure how soft it would be on the fins, but they are always dragging those fins along the bottom and I really think that's how so many of them get finrot. No betta that we've gotten since we switched to flat glass marbles has ever gotten finrot.

swords3711
NICE!!!!

Allie
I've not used the silica sand so i'm not sure how soft it would be on the fins, but they are always dragging those fins along the bottom and I really think that's how so many of them get finrot. No betta that we've gotten since we switched to flat glass marbles has ever gotten finrot.
I am going to get some glass marbles again. I had used them before but didn't like the look of them. Silica sand is smooth but it does gather a lot of dirt and crud...so when I go finish up my Christmas shopping I'll get some marbles. I do have some here but not enough for a 10g.

COBettaCouple
Dollar Tree is the cheapest place to get them, but the crafts departments of stores also have them and you can get about any color you want, even different shapes, etc.

I am going to get some glass marbles again. I had used them before but didn't like the look of them. Silica sand is smooth but it does gather a lot of dirt and crud...so when I go finish up my Christmas shopping I'll get some marbles. I do have some here but not enough for a 10g.

Allie
Dollar Tree is the cheapest place to get them, but the crafts departments of stores also have them and you can get about any color you want, even different shapes, etc.
Our Dollarama has them too...I wonder if they have a natural color? Last time I used turquoise blue ones with Nigel. Not natural at all. I have of bunch of soft fake plants all green, in with the betta.
Oh I just remebered that they had smooth sandy/tan colored ones I noticed them the last tiem I was there. Mmm...I have to finish xmas shopping tonight so guess I'll swing by there too. The Betta are getting new substrate for xmas. :;rudolph

capekate
HI Allie
I'm going to repeat what everyone else has said after seeing the photos of Jasper! WOW... what beautiful long fins he has! Ive never seen one with such long fins!

Holly is gorgeous and I love her long spikes on the crown tail! Very pretty girl!
;D

~ kate

COBettaCouple
When we got them, we tried to get colors to match the betta, peach for Sora, purple for Aslan and blue for Super Mario, clear for Angel.

Our Dollarama has them too...I wonder if they have a natural color? Last time I used turquoise blue ones with Nigel. Not natural at all. I have of bunch of soft fake plants all green, in with the betta.
Oh I just remebered that they had smooth sandy/tan colored ones I noticed them the last tiem I was there. Mmm...I have to finish xmas shopping tonight so guess I'll swing by there too. The Betta are getting new substrate for xmas. :;rudolph

Allie
When we got them, we tried to get colors to match the betta, peach for Sora, purple for Aslan and blue for Super Mario, clear for Angel.
That's a cute idea too. :;rudolph I think I may get a mix of colored and tan/sandy.

Thanks Kate...I really didn't realize that his fins were any longer than my other males. Sammy's RIP was just as long...they came in the same shipment...so maybe some of the males had extra long fins

Barbrella
If you want a more natural look, you can get very smooth river stones at Walmart or dollar stores for 1$ - 1.50$ a bag - the same stones sold for 6$ at petstores!

I have a fin dragger too, but his tank has black sand on the bottom and no problems with his fins so far (knock on wood!)

COBettaCouple
Sometimes they do. We saw a red VT today that had the biggest pectoral fins i've ever seen! Each fin was at least an inch and he looked like he was waving at us when he got them going fast.

Thanks Kate...I really didn't realize that his fins were any longer than my other males. Sammy's RIP was just as long...they came in the same shipment...so maybe some of the males had extra long fins

Allie
he looked like he was waving at us when he got them going fast.
Cute...I can picture that lol.

LuvaBetta
The male I brought home about a month ago, Ripley, has the longest tail I've ever seen, about 2.5 inches; it almost holds him back when he goes up to breathe! It also seems like it tried to have two lobes but not quite. The end looks kind of heart shaped. He's a mix of heaven-only-knows-what, but he's a cute little dickens. It's always the face!
How do you make them hold still for pictures?

-Beth

Allie
The male I brought home about a month ago, Ripley, has the longest tail I've ever seen, about 2.5 inches; it almost holds him back when he goes up to breathe! It also seems like it tried to have two lobes but not quite. The end looks kind of heart shaped. He's a mix of heaven-only-knows-what, but he's a cute little dickens. It's always the face!

-Beth
You take 1, 000 000 shots until the perfect one come up. Patience is a virtue
It's near impossible to get a good pix of Jasper who doesn't know how to sit still. Holly just comes right up to me.

COBettaCouple
Yea, I just take pics until the memory card is full and hope there's at least 1 that turned out good.. or you could get one of the newer DSLR cameras . He sounds amazing, I'd sure love to see pics of him. You're right - those faces.. SO hard to resist.

-Beth

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
Replies
Views
BabsandLoon
Replies
Views
armadillo
Replies