My Betta Mo Needs Help

nini13

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi, I've never been on a forum before but my betta is having some problems and I can't seem to find out what's wrong. I've had my betta Mo for about 4 years now and I've recently noticed a white growth under his belly, near his tail fins. If someone could help me figure out what it is and how to treat it, I'd really appreciate it!

He has been very lethargic recently and hasn't had much of an appetite. Now a days, he likes to either float on the surface or hide under his rock.

Attachments

Sacksteder kid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What are your params and tanks size.

nini13

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Sacksteder kid said:
What are your params and tanks size.
My tank is 2.5 gallond and I'm not quite sure what you mean by params.

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
nini13 said:
My tank is 2.5 gallond and I'm not quite sure what you mean by params.
Parameters, ammonia etc...

Neptune334

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Params mean water parameters, and that means amounts of ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites in the water. You can find these by using a liquid test kit or some brands of test strips. Some pet stores do these tests for free. Looking at this picture, I think that Mo has a fungal issue. There is also what looks to be like some fin rot, making me wonder if the two issues are related. May I ask how often you do water changes in your tank?

Neptune334

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How is Mo doing?

nini13

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Neptune334 said:
How is Mo doing?
Hi, so far I have been treating his water. It appears to be getting worse. I usually change about 25% of the water once a week. I was away for 2 weeks and the people who took care of him didn't change the water and put way to much food in, so it was very dirty. I got him as a adult and he did have health issues when i got him, such as fin rot.

Neptune334

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Continue to do consistent water changes to keep the water clean. Since you say it has gotten worse, it may be time to treat with a medicine such as API Fungus Cure or Jungle Tank Buddies Fungal Clear. Can you post a more current photo?

nini13

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Neptune334 said:
Continue to do consistent water changes to keep the water clean. Since you say it has gotten worse, it may be time to treat with a medicine such as API Fungus Cure or Jungle Tank Buddies Fungal Clear. Can you post a more current photo?
Thank you so much for your support! I've been looking more into it and took pictures and got a breeder to check them out. So apparently he has a tumour. He is around 5 years old now and he has lost lots of his colour and he has lost lots of weight, won't eat and will miss his food. I took it as a disease or him taking ill but apparently he is just old. I originally thought they lived to 9 years (that's what I was told when i purchased him) . He is a dumbo betta so his fins are naturally stubby. Would you like me to post additional pictures? I did buy him a bigger tank and a new plant that he now sleeps in almost all day.

I am still worried about him but now that he has his plant and lower water levels, hes been having a easier time to breath. I may try wet food since he doesn't respond to movement anymore and barely eats.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom