Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

My Betta Is Turning White?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by StarsForAlec, Apr 22, 2019.

1. StarsForAlecNew MemberMember

86CF614C-31C5-4096-A794-617D2F35CDF5.jpeg6DECB43B-C304-4ADF-8C4B-7F108A939F45.jpeg0EE08C25-F79A-477D-9661-C97AF8A2C2F7.jpegB86A9EE2-2895-4D20-B1F3-CA7A48C502C6.jpeg7B09A93A-F2CA-4547-B306-B29CDE867604.jpeg I’ve had my Betta for a long time now (though I’m still sorta new to Betta fish care) and I’ve made sure that he has a good tank running, but recently I’ve found some white spots that keep growing on his fins and body. I’ve searched many sites but I’m still stumped. They don’t look fuzzy or stringy, they just look like it’s part of his fins and body.

He lives in a 2.5 gal tank (which I’m hoping to upgrade once I move out of my dorm for summer break) he has a filter and heater running, water temp is always around 79-80 degrees. I do 20% water changes every week and treat it with BettaSpa.

He’s still very active and likes to lay on the plants. He also still flares and builds bubble nests. He’s gotten a bad habit of biting his fins (which I’m trying to get him out of) but other than that I feel like he’s acting normally for him to be turning white. I’m genuinely concerned and confused about the whole situation and I’m hoping to find out what it is so I could treat it and get rid of it as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

2. RepolieWell Known MemberMember

It's just his natural colouration. It looks like he has the marble gene which causes him to change colours as he ages.

3. nanofishneededValued MemberMember

One of my favorite color patterns in bettas!! The marbling is all just part of the journey and nothing to worry about.

4. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Hmmm, I'm not so sure this is coloring.
    Take a look at the progression of this guy, I was told it was marbling, but as you can see in the last two pictures (after medication) they don't really turn back to "normal".
    If you start to see signs of damage (you can see that the fins are being eaten away) then you'll need to treat, if not, it's simple marbling. Just wanted to let you know of another possibility, not saying it's any more probable

Attached Files: