My Betta Is Egg Bound Please Help

wendywolf

Reaction score
My bettas are trying to mate at this very minute but her eggs wont drop. They are trying really hard. He keeps wrapping her and shes into it but it aint working I can see very clearly the first egg poking out but it wont budge. Anyone have any advice or is there anything I can do to help them?

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Can you try to get a picture? I'm pretty sure she's not egg bound. If this is their first time mating then it'll take them a while to practice and get used to wrapping each other. Are you also sure that it's an egg poking out and not an ovipositor?

@Demeter

wendywolf

Reaction score
Can you try to get a picture? I'm pretty sure she's not egg bound. If this is their first time mating then it'll take them a while to practice and get used to wrapping each other. Are you also sure that it's an egg poking out and not an ovipositor?

@Demeter
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I was sure she was egg bound but after you responded about it possibly being her ovipositor, I'm thinking your right. I was thinking she was egg bound because after hours and hours her eggs aren't dropping. Shes huge and pretty badly beaten up. She resisted for quite a well but then finally gave in. This is going to be her first time but his second. He's hasn't exactly gotten down the movements. So he is a terrible "dancer." His first time was with my other female (her first time too) he didn't have a clue what to do. She took the lead and was amazing. She was thankfully very patient with him cause it took hours. Then they finally locked and away they went. She even had to teach him what to do with the eggs. She helped him with each batch that dropped. She stayed awhile and showed him how to attend to them. Then she swam to the far corner like if she knew it was time for her to go. I thought it was so awesome of her to do all that. But back to my other female. So if she isn't egg bound and that is her ovipostor, any idea why her eggs aren't coming out? I don't think its helping that you can tell that they both of them are very willing but not clear on the exact process. And with her being so huge, he seems to be having a lot of difficulties trying to wrap her. He gives up to quick and she is really no help at all. They look frustrated and a little confused but they seem willing to keep trying. I had to leave for most of the day yesterday so I thought it was best to separate them till I got back so I could observe them and because she looked like she was in pretty bad shape. I was afraid I would come back to find her dead. Thankfully despite the fact that she looked like she was at deaths door, she looks very responsive and okay. So I think I'm going to put her back in and hopefully they will try to pick up from where they left off. I really hope so. I'm also going to try to get a photo of her and of them together as well. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated since they're well being is the most important thing to me.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom