My Betta Is Dying! Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Mary E., Apr 16, 2018.

1. Mary E.

Mary E. New Member Member

It happened over night but my male dumbo halfmoon betta is dying. He has had popeye for quite some time so I moved him from a 20 gallon long into a five gallon tank to treat the issue. He had been improving by leaps and bounds, he had some ripped fins from his pet store experience which were finally healing and he had been bloated for a while but that was gone too (I had been treating with Melafix).

I literally came into my room and found his fins practially dissolved, he still has them but they are transparent and falling apart. On top of that his pop eye has gotten worse, and his body has these burn looking wounds on it. I have no idea what is going on, please someone help me save my little fish!

P.S. Once I discovered his condition I immediately put him in a small holding container with cycled aquarium water from another tank, and added stress coat.

2. Fishywife

Fishywife Valued Member Member

Maracyn or maracyn 2 may help with this if it hasn't gone too far..

3. Rtessy

Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

Cycled aquarium water doesn't contain BB, so it won't help the cycle. Any chance the burns are ammonia poisoning? And I agree with macyrn 2, also kanaplex may help, but not at the same time.

4. OP
    OP
    Mary E.

No way its ammonia, its just him in the tank and I do my water changes... And I was just saying I put him in fresh safe water from a different tank in case it was the water hurting him.

I'll look into those medications y'all said, thank you both a ton!

5. OP
    OP
    Mary E.

Thank you to everyone but it seems our efforts were too little too late, he passed away over night before I checked on him this morning. For whatever reason my fish just keep dying, I dont expect to be buying anymore anytime soon as it has been one problem after another. Again thank you to everyone who helped.

RIP
    Captain Nemo 2016- April 16 2018

6. Fishywife

Fishywife Valued Member Member

I'm sorry too hear that. Poor Nemo :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice