My betta has changed color!

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Emerson used to be green, but now he's blue! Also, he's got more orange color in his fins. I dunno what happened there...
But, I had my camera out again recently, so I'm going to send a barrage of photos at you yet again!
First, a few of what he used to look like:

Attachments

isis

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
in a way that is real cool!!

over what period of time did this happen? or when did you notice this?

isis

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
He still looks real healthy and it looks like the blue is much richer than what the green was... still strange though.
I'm sure Lucy will be able to help... "Lucy...please tell us what is going on here?"
(lol) :;pumpkin

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yeah... I mean some of my bettas did change color a bit, but it was usually just richening up the colors they already had, not changing to a completely different color!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'd say PFP took such good care of Emerson that he's now showing his true colors.....gorgeous colors too!! Wow!

isis

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Look what I found on a site:

"It's very common for a Betta's coloration to change shortly after you bring him home. When the fish goes from cold dirty water at the store and is placed in a clean warm environment their true colors begin to intensify in their vibrancy and often the change can be quite drastic. I have observed this color change happen anywhere from the first couple of days up to a month or more after arrival. As Bettas age, their color changes as well so you may notice even more surprises over the next year. When the fish reaches the end of his natural life you may again notice the color changing but this time it will become dull and faded."

MinxMermaid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Blue or green, no matter, he's absolutely STUNNING!!!

i LOVE his face!! it looks like such an elegant little face

is he a RoseTail? I love his fins too!!

isis

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Like Lucy said... you probably looked after him so well that he is 'glowing' with happiness

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks for the info isis, makes me feel better about it
and thanks minx! I don't really know the exact definition of rosetail... I think he might be... I can't figure out the exact definition of a dragon either... I just don't know too much about all these fancy kinds of bettas I guess!

isis

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
you can have a look at this site for a pic and description/name of the different types of bettas.

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He could be purple with red spots and still be gorgeous! He has a little mustard gas coloring going on and also some butterfly patterning...Very handsome boy Pink!

biscotti

Valued Member
Reaction score
The color on a few of my betta's has gotten more vibrant. My boy Sid was Blue green when I bought him. Then he turned royal blue. Then he was injured, and then most of his fins grew back red. That was a real shocker.

I rescued a little girl from Walmart the other day. I figured no one would pick her because she was kind of brown and plain. After about 20 minutes in her new home, she turned blue and red. Now she's a cutie

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom