5 gallon aquarium
    heater
    filter
    gravel
    ornament
    fake plant
    Male betta
    -----------------------
    My fish name rookie the cookie had a small tumor on the tail,When i first got him i did see a small bump,but i brush it off thinking he was just born that way. He was fine for months i keep his aquarium clean (rookie the cookie was happy .The bump got bigger tho and then fin rot effect.I treated him with bettafix for the fin rot ..know there another tumor close to his tail.What should i do ?

2. Jomolager Well Known Member Member

Momiji345, I am so sorry to hear your Betta has growth on its tail. Is there anyway you can post a picture?

Not only from what I read, but also from personal experience I can tell you that Bettafix can be detrimental to Betta's health. Don't use it.

The best treatment for Fin Rot is perfectly clean water, DAILY WATER CHANGES and good diet. Fin rot robbs Bettas of their immunity, they get weak and succumb to illness. Soak Betta pellets in garlic juice and / or Vita Chem. That should help.

Take care.

3. Ben3721 Well Known Member Member

What kind of betta? A picture would help a lot. If its very big and very far on his tail I would consider removing it. But he will probably have to live with it. Fin rot is more important then the tumor. Clean water does wonders. I mean fully cycled with less then 30 nitrates at any time. Even a small spike of ammonia can get a fish sick pretty quick. And I've heard bad things about bettafix. Also if the tumor grows very fast it might just be a parasite (look closely only you can tell) I wish you two luck! Anyone remember the name of the product that is a natural antibiotic? The one that boasts fish immune system without killing BB? Mela...something sold at Walmart and petsmart. Blue tall bottle? Whatever it is it helps fin rot without drugging the fish too much.

4. momiji345 Member Member

I will get some picture of the betta as soon as i find my camera.

5. momiji345 Member Member

Thank you for helping me .. Today is a very sad day my betta has past away ;-( RIP
    The Tumor got bad and now he;s in heaven :;a