2.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 98.jpg
    98.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 53
ricktavious
Am I seeing things, or is that a brilliant blue betta with black fins with transparent tips? WOW! What a beautiful fish!!!!!!!!!! Of course, all bettas are beautiful, but this one stands out!

COBettaCouple
wow! he's an amazing beauty of a Betta! that's a marvellous color pattern.

fishlover1
Thank you both so much! It means a lot to have others approval and thoughts.

Barbrella
OH, he's just gorgeous!

COBettaCouple
he's just like one of the show bettas we bought at the betta auction, only that betta was red instead of blue.. I don't think I could resist if I saw a betta like yours at the store.

Thank you both so much! It means a lot to have others approval and thoughts.

capekate
WOW! Charlie is amazing.... what a gorgeous Betta. ;D Is he a half moon by chance? What beautiful full fins and color combo! Did you get him on auction or at a show? He is not one that we would find in our LFS that's for sure!
At least I know I wouldnt have that kind of luck..if I did.. I'd bring him home in a heartbeat!!
Congratulations .... and welcome Charlie! ;D
~ kate

Allie
Charlie gorgeous! I love the blue.

chickadee
Now that is one beautiful betta, but do not tell him that he was called "beautiful" instead of handsome. We do not want any bettas with their noses out of joint for being thought of as less than totally "manly". He is gorgeous though and I am so thrilled for you.

I do have one little bit of information for you though that you may find helpful. The cellophane fin tips are very prone to finrot. So watch him closely and jump right on any erosion of the fins that you may see and you may save yourself a lot of problems.

I will say that I have never seen a fish with his coloring and he is one of the most striking I have ever seen.

Rose

swords3711
that's a nice blue
I love the green and brick red ones but blues are a hard color for tropical fish

fishlover1
Well, thanks! *blushing* You all are going to be very suprised to hear that I actually DID get him from a local Brand Spankin New Petco! The day after it opened! I couldnt decide they had a good selection, this one was spreading his fins and I just thought oh! I will have to pick him he is so cute.

Rose- I know (my last betta died within 3 days) he had fin rot, and I didnt even see it coming! So for this one every water change I use prime, little tiny aquarium salt, and a drop of betta revive. And feed HikarI Bio Gold for bettas/HBH Betta bites. He seems to be doing well he has live for 8 days now! Hallelujah!

Also another betta keeper told me he was a good Melano Black Butterfly Super Delta betta (with a few flaws) lol! Nobodys perfect ^-^ hes adorable

0morrokh
Wow, what a gorgeous Betta...I can't believe you found him at Petco.

Kevin
wow...I was thinking about getting one like that from aquabid
good luck on him!

armadillo
Wow! He's gorgeous. Drop-dead gorgeous. What a catch!

BettaBuddy ~ Miley
:;juan Oh my gosh hes beautiful!! Congrats!! lol

Miley

capekate
WOW, imagine that.. you found him at petco! Amazing.
That was a great find for sure... good going!
~ kate
hehhe... these new smilies crack me up

armadillo
He sure gets our vote here on Fishlore: ooooh, the popularity! Everybody's completely smitten with your fish!

COBettaCouple
yea, that's definitely an accurate description of him. his flaws are only in the judging guidelines (like our steel female KairI who has a flaw in 1 caudal fin and was going to be culled). He's an amazing pickup at the store - you must feel like we did when we found angel or mickey.. every now & then, you'll find a real beauty like him! congrats big time again!

Keep triple sulfa and rid-fungus in your fish cabinet should you ever need to quickly beat off some fin rot. VitaChem would be good to add every day or 2 along with a garlic liquid suppliment (if you wanted to). What's your substrata in his tank?

Well, thanks! *blushing* You all are going to be very suprised to hear that I actually DID get him from a local Brand Spankin New Petco! The day after it opened! I couldnt decide they had a good selection, this one was spreading his fins and I just thought oh! I will have to pick him he is so cute.

Rose- I know (my last betta died within 3 days) he had fin rot, and I didnt even see it coming! So for this one every water change I use prime, little tiny aquarium salt, and a drop of betta revive. And feed HikarI Bio Gold for bettas/HBH Betta bites. He seems to be doing well he has live for 8 days now! Hallelujah!

Also another betta keeper told me he was a good Melano Black Butterfly Super Delta betta (with a few flaws) lol! Nobodys perfect ^-^ hes adorable

nmwierman1977
WOW! WOW! WOW! is all I can seem to think to say! What a beautiful betta. You were very lucky to find such a beauty at a local fish store like Petco. Congratulations and Welcome Charley!! Natalie

Kevin
he looks like a super delta...anyone else think so?

COBettaCouple
He's at least a super delta, but looking closer at the top pic of him in the original post, I think if he was in flaring form, he just might be a halfmoon! wow! find a professional betta breeder!

chickadee
I am in agreement with Dave. I think he is a Halfmoon that is just not in flaring mode in the pictures. I think if he gave that little tail a pull and a flare he would be a full Halfmoon, but don't try him out on it as it will strain him to be forced to flare. and if he is happy, he should be left alone. He is still one of the most lovely fish I have ever seen. Congratulations on him no matter what his classification.

Rose

Tazmiche
What an abosloute stunner!! congrats!!

Kevin
guess i'l have to check out my new petco...when it opens

COBettaCouple
yea, if we saw a betta like that, we'd HAVE to buy him even if it meant buying the whole tank setup. I have a real weakness for blue fish and a HM butterfly like that is irresistable.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PurityNWhiteRoses
Replies
Views
bakpau
Replies
Views
Roxie Brookshire
Replies
Views