My betta breeding aquarium

Discussion in 'Betta Breeding' started by TypicalAqua, Jul 20, 2015.

1. TypicalAqua

TypicalAqua New Member Member

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Nice Bettas! Isn't that a little small to breed Bettas?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  3. OP
    OP
    TypicalAqua

TypicalAqua New Member Member

Well I just keep them separated for 3 days and then their with each other and breeding . After the male takes care of the eggs And I remove him too but I don't think so.

4. AquaticBrandon

Oh okay, cause I've read I think a sticky around here about breeding Bettas in a minimum tank size of 10 gallons

5. thefishdude277

thefishdude277 Well Known Member Member

These look like pet store bettas
    Just saying, pet store ones are too old to breed

:)

6. AquaticBrandon

True, I'f I'm not mistaken I think you might have to buy young Bettas from a breeder

7. Wendigoblue

Wendigoblue Well Known Member Member

Do have any pics of the female? My "pet store" betta male was too old to breed, but my female was bought as a fry (petco sells baby bettas). This time I plan on buying only the baby bettas, so I can raise them (thus they won't be too old). I would recommend doing that instead of buying full grown males/females. Or if you can buying from a breeder is always a good choice. Good luck!

8. _Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

That ornament looks like it might be rather rough. They dash and thrash around a lot while they are courting and that think looks like they might get hurt on it. That should be big enough I think, barely (Thai breeders often use the bottom of 5 gallon buckets), will just have to move them sooner into a larger tank to grow out. And if the bettas are older, they will just fight, and not spawn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice