My Betta Bit My Finger

RYRYTHEGUY

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have had my betta for about 2 mounths. He always thinks that when he sees my hand it is feeding time. So one day when I was cleaning his filter he jumped out of the water and bit my finger. LOL

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Lol, it happens!

I had a damsel not that long ago that would nibble on my hand as I cleaned the tank. Mean little thing!

fyshfuud

Valued Member
Reaction score
I had a GBR that would eat from my hand. I didn't intend to train him to do it, but whenever I would hold a cube of frozen food in the tank to just let a portion of it melt he'd nibble my fingers and the cube. Lol!

Aquafina

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I actually had taught my last Betta to jump up out of the water to catch his food that I would hang for him.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'm looking after a betta, and if I held my hand under him he would sit in it. So, one time I was cleaning the filter and my hand was kinda cupped and he swam over to it, and of course I'm thinking "aw he's going to sit in my hand again"... Nope. He totally bit me

RYRYTHEGUY

Valued Member
Reaction score
Aquafina said:
I actually had taught my last Betta to jump up out of the water to catch his food that I would hang for him.
I don't think you should train your betta to do that it could encourage him to jump out of the tank. R.I.P Mr betta

Aquafina

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
RYRYTHEGUY said:
I don't think you should train your betta to do that it could encourage him to jump out of the tank. R.I.P Mr betta
Nope, it had a top. I've never had any issues with my betas jumping out of water or their tanks

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom