My beautiful aquarium management

Did you like it?

• Total voters

same2cool

Reaction score
last week i added more two white sharks, they got afraid 1st day but with passage of time they got familiar with others. it is about 3.5'/2.5'/1.5' takes about 45 gallons or 175 litter water.
4411c66e-5630-4de2-a591-fbdf0d46ca0e.jpg

NanoFish4Life

Valued Member
Reaction score
same2cool said:
last week i added more two white sharks, they got afraid 1st day but with passage of time they got familiar with others. it is about 3.5'/2.5'/1.5' takes about 45 gallons or 175 litter water.
To say you're overstocked would be an understatement, you need an Olympic sized swimming pool for those fish.

MacZ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but your tank is heavily overstocked. Too many fish, too small aquarium. The sharks grow to up to 3 meters, but they will not even get that old in a tank like this. I'd start over with fish that stay smaller. With a tank that size there is a lot of possibilities, but this stocking will not work.

Where do you live, if I may ask?

kered

Valued Member
Reaction score
To me petshops should be fined for selling this type of fish to people knowing full well how big they will grow, and no they will not stay small if kept in a smaller tank, that's a myth
Even taking out ALL the sharks and pangasius(black one)your on the limits with just the goldfish and i'm a believer of well stocked tanks.
Sorry to dishearten you with your pride a joy

AcuarioAmazonico

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi mate,

I didn’t vote - though without the fish it would be a pleasant enough tank. :)

I think what people above are suggesting is that when you look at the growth potential of some fish, you may find you’ve got a German Shepherd dog in a chihuahua dog bed :)

Perhaps google some fully grown pictures of the fish you have and read some species care guides.

if you’re in a position to get a larger tank that would be ideal (that may even be your plan). Perhaps you could look at other options for the tank (seems to h a decent size).

I’d suggest you use this forum - it has lots of helpful information and friendly people willing to give great ideas :)

NanoFish4Life

Valued Member
Reaction score
kered said:
To me petshops should be fined for selling this type of fish to people knowing full well how big they will grow, and no they will not stay small if kept in a smaller tank, that's a myth
Even taking out ALL the sharks and pangasius(black one)your on the limits with just the goldfish and i'm a believer of well stocked tanks.
Sorry to dishearten you with your pride a joy
I'm not an expert on koi/goldfish but thought that top left one was a Koi and know they can get 3ft. All those guys are messy I can't imagine water perimeters not being off the charts. It's fish like these that need to be taken out of the aquarium trade/fish shops and only be sold at a pond supply store or something.

kered

Valued Member
Reaction score
I cannot see on my phone exactly what they are as when i enlarge the image too much it goes blury, i just imagined they were coloured comet/goldfish but at least 2 could be koi and need a big pond.

Blueberrybetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That tank is wayyyyy too tiny for all those goldfish!!! ☹

MacZ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think we all made our point clear, now.

same2cool: The forum offers you our collective help. Do you want this help? Do you have any questions?

same2cool

Reaction score
even i don't know how i am keeping this tank in my room. my wife wants to sale it . but my daughter loves it and you all saying it is small.
normal koi is 4 inch
goldfish is : 4-6 inch
black shark : 7 inch
2 white shark : 4-5 inch
14ab6005-9983-40fb-913b-37474b18cccb.jpg

Blueberrybetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'd rehome all the fish, especially the sharks! there's many other suitable small fish you can get for that size tank. The right sized fish ! No need to get rid of the tank , just rehome them and look into schools of neon tetras or some Gouramis. Also instead of sharks , you can buy a school of cories.

MacZ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
See, the thing is, the fish you can buy at stores are mostly small juveniles. Rarely you find a fish that is grown to it's full size at the stores. In your case all of the fish are basically still babies. They will grow to be big (goldfish, koi) or real giants (sharks).

The tank is not small by itself. It is too small for the fish.

kered

Valued Member
Reaction score
Pangasius, your black shark and same as the albino i think

Your koi

Comet goldfish

Thes are your very same fish in a year or 2s time, it might help you understand what we are saying

Your Pangasius might not be the exact same as the one in the image but they all grow the same size within a foot or 2, and they are also catfish not sharks, they call them sharks for marketing purposes as its way cooler to have a shark in your aquarium than a catfish, for the kids at least.
When looking for fish to restock its always a good idea to ask what size they might grow to or write down/google the latin name and check before buying

short video in an 1500 gallon tank

NanoFish4Life

Valued Member
Reaction score
same2cool said:
even i don't know how i am keeping this tank in my room. my wife wants to sale it . but my daughter loves it and you all saying it is small.
normal koi is 4 inch
The 4 inch Koi can grow to 3 feet, the white and black sharks/catfish can all grow to 3+ feet. The goldfish can grow to 8-12+ inches.

You bought them all as babies/juveniles and I don't think the shop you bought them from told you they can reach 1, 2, or 3 plus feet in length. I see at least 4 fish that can reach 3+ feet and you said your tank is 3.5 feet long. One site said the sharks can reach 47 inches that's about 4 feet. One site recommended a 300 gallon aquarium for 1 shark and another 150 gallons for each additional one while another site said a 39 foot long aquarium.

You need to see if you can return these fish to the store or see if an animal rescue or someone with proper tank size can take them in. In a few short months they're going to outgrow the 45 gallon.

Oh and please don't feel like we're ganging up on you, this kind of thing happens commonly and even a lot of us buy or have bought fish that get too big for our tanks, don't work out with the other fish in our tanks, etc....some shops are just motivated by profit and want to get rid of fish before they get too big for their store so they neglect to mention what you're getting yourself into.

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
same2cool said:
normal koi is 4 inch
For now. Look at the max size of those fish. Koi get 2-3 feet I. Size so that’s the length of your tank.
No one is saying get rid of the tank or get a bigger tank(only if you want to keep those fish) just get the appropriate sized fish for your tank.
What size is this tank? Looks to be about a 29 gallon tank.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to agree with the above^^ and
for the health of the fish I'm asking you to consider rehoming the fish or moving them to a swimming pool.

Also that black shark is what is commonly marketed as swai, you see the size of those filets at shops? Hope that gives you an idea of how big they can get

Seasoldier

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
same2cool said:
normal koi is 4 inch
Hi & welcome to fishlore, I voted no but will qualify that by saying that it's all down to taste, I prefer a more natural look with lots of live plants & don't really go in for the fish tank ornaments & plastic plants but your tank is your tank & if it pleases you that's what counts. I won't labour the point about being way overstocked as others have already pointed that out, your fish look really good at the moment but even at their current size, (and they will all get a lot bigger if they live), they are all too big for that size tank, you need to take action now or they will die. My advice for what it's worth would be to re-home all of them & go for smaller species like some barbs, danios & tetras.

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
To answer the question yes I like your aqua scaping. The tank is visually appealing.
Would I do it no I like very natural aquariums but I still like it.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads