My baby Neptune's big day!

1. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Now I have had Neptune for about 2 months now (you guys have not met him yet because he's so unphotogenic, but I'm getting to that!). I came home from work last night, in a bad mood fed up with job! :mad:

I went in to switch off his light and check everybody in the nightly head count, and noticed Nep up to something strange. Upon closer insepction, he had started to blow his very first bubble nest!!!! YAY!!!!!!! Bad mood gone lol. :clapping:

Now, to be honest, it wasn't the biggest or most impressive, but he was swimming about funny, puffing, then blowing bubbles in the corner and making his nest, amazing to watch him. It had disappeared a few hours later because every time he went up, his top fin kept touching it slowly destroying it, but there was def one there. Lucky for all you guys I got some pics, and I shall formally introduce him tonight, in this very thread... :party0001:

2. Diggly Well Known Member Member

aww!! they have a way of putting a smile on our faces! I am so excited for you.

3. Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

I know what you're saying about these little guys putting a smile on your face..There is no sweeter sight than a cute little "bubble shack" lol..I get really excited when it is one of my young boys I bred..It is their way of saying Mommy, it's that time!

Congrats on your boy becoming a man...

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Awww, how cute. They sure do have a way about them, don't they.

5. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Aw, that's so sweet! Tell baby Neptune we're proud of him growing up.

6. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

I passed on all your congrats and he ALMOST looked impressed, but is far too macho to admit any emotion except hunger. Anyway, I shall say thanks for him!

Now to business...
    Pic 1=His attitude and big massive water spot (now gone!)
    Pic 2="HEY THERE!!". Shows his "lucky fin" too, damaged when I bought him. It looks like it has been trapped somewhere and stuck in that position, luckily it doesn't bother or affect him.
    Pic 3="There's me!", shows his red stripes in fins too.
    Pic 4=bubble nest and the proud maker in the corner.
    Pic 5=bubble nest again.

There's one more pic, couldn't resist it!

Attached Files:

7. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

...And here it is. Poser that he is :giggle:

Attached Files:

8. hooxeii Well Known Member Member

D'aww! Congrats on the baby growing up :D

9. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

Good for you Nep!!!! :;balloons Yay! Congrats!
    He's a cutie, you can tell that is a tough boy in his face. How very proud you must be Mommy! :D