My Assassin Snail

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Alex Lautru, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Alex Lautru

Alex LautruNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +11
    What is my assassin snail doing? Looks like his whole body comes out..

Attached Files:

2. richie.p

richie.pFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +2,443
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Thats not what I call normal behaviour or at least mine have never done that, they've closed up for a week, I'd take him out ate see if he retracts any when you do that, then smell him if he's dead it'll hit you like a sledgehammer, touch him see if theres s response and feel if its soft to the touch or rubbery

3. OP
    OP
    Alex Lautru

Ratings:
    +11
    Hey thanks for the msg. I moved him and he seemed to hide.. but he couldnt fully close up.. my other ones are fine though. I hate seeing them die off.

4. richie.p

richie.pFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +2,443
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    It could be anything ive read about snails doing this regular and wonder if it's something they do to sort of clean out or is it something done just before they die I'd check on him by picking him up a few times a day or put him in a container of Aquarium water on his own for a while just incase he dies and pollutes the tank

5. OP
    OP
    Alex Lautru

Ratings:
    +11
    So my assassin snail is alive, however, he likes being on his back.. he looks completely healthy. Other snails are doing well.. but i dont seem to get it why this one just chills on its back.. ill flip him back, but he just ends up back on his back..

Attached Files:

6. WTFish?

WTFish?Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3,036
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Hm mine do this frequently but not for very long and usually just to get a longer reach in the substrate. Hope he’s ok.

7. OP
    OP
    Alex Lautru

Ratings:
    +11
    I flipped him and hes moving along now... just to go on his back again (give it 20 min lol)