My Aquariums

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The layout of the tanks on the shelf look fine, but I don’t see any heaters or filters nor do I know the stocks of these tanks, so I don’t know if it’s a good “setup” without knowing what’s actually in the setup, if that makes sense.

omaia

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have no clue what's in the tanks, but I'd probably get some lighting, heaters, and filters for them. The betta(s?) would be fine without a filter but the aquariums seem pretty empty.

Little John

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
there is a betta in the 2.5 and in the ten there are three guppies. in the picture, the guppies are in the 5.5 but I just switched them over to the 10.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Little John said:
yes also, I move the 1 filter I have between tanks.
You truly need separate filters. If one tank has a breakout of something you’ll have passed it to the other tanks before noticing. IMO.
And what’s in the itty bitty bowl?

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah, ok, that’s not a good setup at all then. Having only one filter and moving it around will likely cause problems as stated above and I can’t see it doing much good besides constantly changing the parameters the fish are in. You’d also need to be doing daily waterchanges on these tanks to make sure the parameters are at least ok.
No heaters is also bad considering you have tropical fish with different temp needs at that. The betta needs 78-82F and the guppies need around 75F.
There also barely any coverage for the fish and what you do have are fake plants that look pretty sharp(at least for the betta) which could easily cause injury to the fins of the betta.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom