My Aquabid experience too was a bad one

FLEMMING
On January 21, 2020, 12:21 pm I sent a money order in the amount of $35.00 to King George VA this person received the money order on January 24, 2020, 1:26 pm still have not gotten Auction number: 1579673671 yet this is upsetting to me I won them on Jan 20 2020 - 09:53:39 AM I know the person gotten the money order because the post office gave me a tracking number the same day I shipped the money order I got a message from this person on Facebook on Jan 27, 2020 12:26 PM saying I cashed it. So everything is fine. but still no Bolivian Rams yet I am worried that I will never get my fish from aquabid is this the way to treat a aquabid bidder or buyer

Amazoniantanklvr
Have to contacted the seller?

FLEMMING
Amazoniantanklvr said:
Have to contacted the seller?
The person told me she was having problems with Paypal at the time of sale and asked for a money order witch the person cashed it already still no fish and person hardly replays to my emails

Amazoniantanklvr
If you don't receive the fish then either contact paypal, the money order place and/or you credit card company.

FLEMMING
Amazoniantanklvr said:
If you don't receive the fish then either contact paypal, the money order place and/or you credit card company.
I hope I was not scammed

Amazoniantanklvr
BettaNgold
I’m afraid that if they asked for a money order, it was probably a scam. They do this with puppies all the time. Never send money orders. I’m so sorry. Aquabid should have some responsibility in it though. I hope I’m wrong. God, I despise scammers!

Amazoniantanklvr
FLEMMING
Amazoniantanklvr said:
I bought fish on Ebay no problems only with this seller on Aquabid

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Who doesn't!? lol
hang them lol

coralbandit
It is the individual seller .
Contact them and say you feel forced to leave bad review if something doesn't happen ..
You can't change your review so don't be hasty but they should have taken care of you already IMO ..I sell and a ship fish every week ..I don't ask for money orders but do get some from people who don't use paypal ..Just part of how it goes .
If your request goes un satisfied contact the owner of Aquabid and let him know ..

FLEMMING
coralbandit said:
Contact them and say you feel forced to leave bad review if something doesn't happen ..
You can't change your review so don't be hasty but they should have taken care of you already IMO ..I sell and a ship fish every week ..I don't ask for money orders but do get some from people who don't use paypal ..Just part of how it goes .
If your request goes un satisfied contact the owner of Aquabid and let him know ..

FLEMMING
coralbandit said:
The owner of Aquabid told me to send this to the seller who is a female Mark Barnett owner of Aquabid want's you to ship the fish out ASAP to me or Breach of Sale he said so I emailed her

coralbandit
Mark runs a tight ship .
There some fantastic breeders and sellers there .
We all want the losers gone !

jake37
If it was a us postal money order report it as it is a federal crime to .... If it was a western union money order.... well at least it was only $35 and not $350.

FLEMMING
jake37 said:
If it was a us postal money order report it as it is a federal crime to .... If it was a western union money order.... well at least it was only $35 and not $350.
The money order was from the post office

angelcraze
BettaNgold said:
I’m afraid that if they asked for a money order, it was probably a scam. They do this with puppies all the time. Never send money orders. I’m so sorry. Aquabid should have some responsibility in it though. I hope I’m wrong. God, I despise scammers!
I agree, sounds fishy. Not trying to make a pun. I don't trust ppl at all especially when they make weird excuses about payment. I'm sure there is a place to take it up with aquabid (like Ebay and PayPal). But I would just send an email saying you will be forced to send back bad feedback unless the seller responds about your fish not making it there yet. If you still don't receive a response, try to contact Aquabid and leave them bad feedback.

My hubby ordered something from China, it was a knock off so he paid half price, but never even received it. Also the seller failed to provide a valid tracking number. He did just what I said, tried contacting the seller and said he was going to give bad feedback if he didn't get an answer. He ended up getting a full refund from PayPal since the seller did not provide a valid tracking number.

Good luck, nothing more disappointing than a scammer. Sorry if you were duped, it happens all the time unfortunately.

bizaliz3
Yes, sadly, money order almost always equals scam. There is really no way to protect yourself with money orders.

In today’s world, there are so many safe electronic ways to make payments that are widely used. Paypal, google pay, venmo just to name a few. Money orders are old fashioned and unsafe and should not be agreed to ever. Not unless it is an already trusted source.

I almost got screwed over big time like 6-7 years ago when I was desperate to get my young daughter tickets to a One Direction concert. They were sold out, so I was using craigslist and stub hub and stuff. Well, the one I zeroed in on as the best deal for decent seats, requested a money order. $500 to be exact. For two tickets. (yes, that was seriously the best price!!) Thank GOD the place I went to do the money order wouldn’t let me do it. They told me it was a terrible idea and likely a scam and I thankfully listened to them. (the place doing the money orders was a pawn shop. Haha, not sure why they did money orders there) Obviously they would have done it if I insisted. But they really made me think and I opted to take the safe route and go with their advice. It was most definitely a scam.

86 ssinit
Yes the statement “my paypal isn’t working send a money order “ means scam

TWiG87
86 ssinit said:
Yes the statement “my paypal isn’t working send a money order “ means scam
Yep, sorry to hear this happened to you. People can be jerks

86 ssinit
Well rereading this you do have an address right?

david1978
My PayPal isn't working either. Send cash $$$$$$

TWiG87
86 ssinit said:
Well rereading this you do have an address right?
If the scammer had any smarts they sent it to a PO Box with no name

FinalFins
My paypal isn't working also send social security # so you can pay me

coralbandit
This as funny as it is for most is not funny for me or the original poster at all ..
I have to cut through a ton of garbage selling my fish because of people like this .

MissNoodle
Sad reality, that's what it is.

I hope your issue is resolved. That's a double disappointment. Didnt get the fish you thought youd get and lose your money to someone who definitely didn't deserve the money.

david1978
Sorry. I wasn't trying to down play the issue just trying to raise some spirits.

coralbandit
david1978 said:
Sorry. I wasn't trying to down play the issue just trying to raise some spirits.
You're all good ..You know me !
It is just in a system that is legit having bad eggs helps no one ...
There are some sellers that deserve scrutiny IMO so I try to be humble and nice to any one considering my fish when they ask questions even when skeptical .. I ban people from my sales if they seem" un please able " in questions ! I got 2 recently ..There was no good reason for me to try to please them ..They can keep their money and find their fish elsewhere !
There really are more good then bad people there just like here ..Wish I could say that about most places ..
Being here and there are just about my limit for humanity !

david1978
coralbandit said:
You're all good ..You know me !
It is just in a system that is legit having bad eggs helps no one ...
There are some sellers that deserve scrutiny IMO so I try to be humble and nice to any one considering my fish when they ask questions even when skeptical .. I ban people from my sales if they seem" un please able " in questions ! I got 2 recently ..There was no good reason for me to try to please them ..They can keep their money and find their fish elsewhere !
There really are more good then bad people there just like here ..Wish I could say that about most places ..
Being here and there are just about my limit for humanity !
My wife's parents were going to buy something off eBay. It was like 3 thousand dollars. Seller wanted it in a gift card. You would think they would of tried a little harder to make it not look like a scam.

SM1199
Sorry to hear about this bad experience with Aquabid. I hope it doesn't discourage you from trying again. I have met some great sellers there.

One of which the seller (I had just bought killifish eggs) shot me a message saying he was very sorry but the temperature in his fish room dropped unexpectedly and none of his fish are producing eggs that he could send out same day, but he would gladly send me over 6 adults instead of 15 eggs. He did, and they were beautiful fish that shipped happy and healthy. Something that sounded like a scam at first but turned out to be a great bargain.

Mcasella
Just want to say you can actually upgrade feedback on aquabid (but only once), but we all have to be careful of scams even if it sounds like a good deal (I have used money orders with two sellers on there, but they both made sure to keep in contact with me promptly and the fish were excellent - they also had nothing but positive feedback).
Definitely use paypal or similar to have some buyer protection.

jake37
When I sold used camera equipment I always demanded us postal money order since I could cash them when I was shipping the item (here I was the seller). And I was warned off of paypal due to frequent scams (buyer pays for item; you ship it; then they claI'm never to receive it and reverse the payment). Scams work in both direction - as a buyer (which is the case in this thread) you really do want to use paypal but as a seller I'm not sure I would use paypal (not to mention paypal overhead). This was a while ago and maybe paypal terms have changed so the reverse scam is harder or not as frequent but at least back then (early and mid 2000's) there was a lot of resistance to using paypal as a seller.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom