My Apple Snail Barely Moves Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by MissCap, Apr 23, 2018.

1. MissCapValued MemberMember

I purchased a betta and a yellow apple snail for my cycled 10 gallon tank 2 weeks ago. The snail barely moves and has never been on the glass. He has been in the same spot for 2 days now. He is not dead because I checked. My betta doesn’t seem to even know it exists.

I have 3 nerite snails in my 55 gallon and they are constantly moving. I am very worried about my snail. Should I move him in the 55 gallon?

I also throw in part of an algae wafer on the bottom to make sure there is food for him. Help!

2. Ms roseWell Known MemberMember

Sometimes they do this, I would switch to the other tank if it doesn't move in the next few days, acclimate of course. . This is normal for the most part. Give little Gary time 5o adjust, sometimes it takes a while. Good luck :)

3. MissCapValued MemberMember

Thank you. My nerites were only like this for a couple of days. The nerites and apple snail will get along right?

4. Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

My first apple snail seemed to take forever to open up. After nine days I was ready to take him to vet. Then I noticed a little half inch trail behind him. He moved about three inches that day. Then it was awesome non stop. It was just him and Fissy though. I don’t think it would care about the nerites.

5. MazeusWell Known MemberMember

Mine took a week or so to feel comfortable in the aquarium, now he owns it, like a boss!

6. CrapapplesValued MemberMember

Mine is the same. I have a rabbit snail and each day I have to check if he is alive because he just doesn't move. the tank is fully cycled and just in with the gentle betta but nothing, barely moves. Totally ignore algae wafers, cucumber etc and just lies about

7. MissCapValued MemberMember

Hopefully both of our snails will “get out of their shell” and perk up. Haha

Mine moved a couple of inches today! Woohoo!

8. CrapapplesValued MemberMember

LOL Mine to! Half an inch last night - the going is good. He's shattered now LOL.

Fancy a virtual snail race :D:D:D

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  9. Ms roseWell Known MemberMember

Shattered? Did he die?

10. CrapapplesValued MemberMember

No, shattered meaning exhausted LOL . He's worn out for that half inch movement haha. British slang I think :)

11. Ms roseWell Known MemberMember

Ooh hahaha I c, well give the lol guy a break, or should I say, TAKE A BREAK LIL SNAIL, and rest it out :)

12. CrapapplesValued MemberMember

Bad term of phrase really to use for a snail with a shell isn't it really LOL. He's resting nicely now, will have a 40 hour sleep and then solider on again LOL. He's great. Mind you, I can hardly blame him. Nature was a bit cruel giving them such a large shell, I personally wouldn't fancy lugging a Rabbit Snail shell round with me. Looks like such hard work!

13. Ms roseWell Known MemberMember

Haha good point

14. MissCapValued MemberMember

Last night my snail was booking it across the tank!!! Then this morning he is back to his favorite spot. He hasn’t moved all day. Haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice