My Apple Snail Barely Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissCap

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I purchased a betta and a yellow apple snail for my cycled 10 gallon tank 2 weeks ago. The snail barely moves and has never been on the glass. He has been in the same spot for 2 days now. He is not dead because I checked. My betta doesn’t seem to even know it exists.

I have 3 nerite snails in my 55 gallon and they are constantly moving. I am very worried about my snail. Should I move him in the 55 gallon?

I also throw in part of an algae wafer on the bottom to make sure there is food for him. Help!

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sometimes they do this, I would switch to the other tank if it doesn't move in the next few days, acclimate of course. . This is normal for the most part. Give little Gary time 5o adjust, sometimes it takes a while. Good luck

OP
MissCap

MissCap

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sometimes they do this, I would switch to the other tank if it doesn't move in the next few days, acclimate of course. . This is normal for the most part. Give little Gary time 5o adjust, sometimes it takes a while. Good luck
Thank you. My nerites were only like this for a couple of days. The nerites and apple snail will get along right?

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My first apple snail seemed to take forever to open up. After nine days I was ready to take him to vet. Then I noticed a little half inch trail behind him. He moved about three inches that day. Then it was awesome non stop. It was just him and Fissy though. I don’t think it would care about the nerites.

Crapapples

Valued Member
Reaction score
Mine is the same. I have a rabbit snail and each day I have to check if he is alive because he just doesn't move. the tank is fully cycled and just in with the gentle betta but nothing, barely moves. Totally ignore algae wafers, cucumber etc and just lies about

OP
MissCap

MissCap

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mine is the same. I have a rabbit snail and each day I have to check if he is alive because he just doesn't move. the tank is fully cycled and just in with the gentle betta but nothing, barely moves. Totally ignore algae wafers, cucumber etc and just lies about
Hopefully both of our snails will “get out of their shell” and perk up. Haha

Mine moved a couple of inches today! Woohoo!

Crapapples

Valued Member
Reaction score
Bad term of phrase really to use for a snail with a shell isn't it really LOL. He's resting nicely now, will have a 40 hour sleep and then solider on again LOL. He's great. Mind you, I can hardly blame him. Nature was a bit cruel giving them such a large shell, I personally wouldn't fancy lugging a Rabbit Snail shell round with me. Looks like such hard work!

OP
MissCap

MissCap

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Last night my snail was booking it across the tank!!! Then this morning he is back to his favorite spot. He hasn’t moved all day. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 42 64.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 18.5%

Top Bottom