My Anubias

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by FinleyTheBetta, Apr 19, 2017.

1. FinleyTheBetta

FinleyTheBetta New Member Member

I don't have any pictures of my Anubias, but there are some brown streaks on my Anubias. My betta really enjoys relaxing on the leaves, I let my Anubis free float. There is also a leaf that is more of a pastel color and is not open all the way, will it open when it grows more?

2. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

New leaves come in lighter colored, they will unfurl as long as they are not obstructed too much by other leaves (if it is a dense anubias you might have a couple on the inside that don't unfurl completely). Would you be able to get a picture of it?

3. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Should be fine, just watch for rotting leaves. If you spot one rotting just cut it off from the stem so nothing can grow back.

4. OP
    OP
    FinleyTheBetta

Okay
    Here ya go.

Attached Files:

5. MattS99

Leaves look OK. I even keep my own betta in a tank smaller then yours (1.5, heated and filtered) but it looks like your guy might like something bigger. All bettas are different. I tried my guy in a 20 and an 8 which he hated, but he loved the 1.5. Not to sound mean, but he looks bored. And what kind of substrate is that on the bottom of your tank? (the rocks)

6. Sen

Sen Valued Member Member

You can check for rotting leaves by examining the texture of the ones with brown coloring. If it's sort of soft and pulpy and squishes apart, trim that leaf off. If the brown stuff rubs off and the leaf stays relatively firm, it's probably algae and (I think) can be gently wiped off if you'd like to keep the leaf.

7. OP
    OP
    FinleyTheBetta

the substrate on the bottom are those little rocks people put in vases, but I wanted to get gravel.

8. OP
    OP
    FinleyTheBetta

Okay, thanks!

9. MattS99

Yeah, not sure if those are safe for fish. I'd get rid of them.

10. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

They are made of glass, marbles are safe for fish - i even have plastic (non-painted) dice in my tanks as well as marbles/flat-to-rounded glass. The only issue with bettas is they may get stuck if they are smaller betta fish, they dig down into them and get stuck.

11. OP
    OP
    FinleyTheBetta

Oh, by he looks bored, what do you mean? The size of the tank? I really need to get a little decoration for him to hide in, maybe a terracotta pot.

12. MattS99

Tank looks too small for him, he looks active. And I'd be bored as all heck in a tank without any decorations. Bettas LOVE to explore new things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice