My Angels Spawning :)

Jeffcameron

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi everyone, here is a youtube link to my Angels spawning. I wish I could work out how to upload the file but you'll just have to follow the link if you want to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzdR5D_xG-U

It's their second attempt after they ate their eggs the first time. I've heard keeping a light on will help so I'll do tht this time. Still not sure if I should remove them and put them in a breeding net in the same tank or see if the parents can look after them.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Jeff,

Congrats on the spawn and thanks for sharing the video. It's my understanding that Angel eggs are very difficult to move. I'm not certain that you'll be able to successfully.

Your video is coming through fine

Best wishes and please keep us posted.
Ken

Jeffcameron

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks Ken. Yeah it appears this site automatically plays the video when you paste the link in. Didn't realise it was that easy

Oh and I didn't mean that I'd move the eggs from the hose...I'd just remove that piece of hose with eggs attached and put the hose in the breeder net. If that's better than leaving them with parents that is

Jeffcameron

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hmmm...after reading a post of Butterfly's on a different thread about angel fry I now realise that I'm going to need to place fry (if I get that far) in another tank so I can do regular water changes that new fry require. I'm not going to want to do 50% water changes every day on an 85G tank!

So...do I let eggs hatch in my main tank and then move them? Or move them before they hatch to a smaller tank?

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Jeff,

Let's see what other responses you receive and the best steps to take. Angel fish usually make great parents. Sometimes it takes a couple of spawns for them to get it right and not eat the eggs.

Have you placed a sponge or nylon hose (never seen soap) over the intake tube so nothing, eggs and or fry, don't get sucked into the filter?

Ken

Jeffcameron

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi Jeff,

Let's see what other responses you receive and the best steps to take. Angel fish usually make great parents. Sometimes it takes a couple of spawns for them to get it right and not eat the eggs.

Have you placed a sponge or nylon hose (never seen soap) over the intake tube so nothing, eggs and or fry, don't get sucked into the filter?

Ken
No I haven't yet as I wasn't sure of my next step or given much thought to it actually. I'll get onto that thanks Ken

Jeffcameron

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I can't believe this...In the space of 3 hours after spawning all the eggs are gone again! There were heaps of eggs this time too. The first time the eggs lasted about 2 days before they ate them. It can't be because they're hungry because I feed them twice daily. So dissappointing

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh no!!!!!!!!! Hang in there Jeff and give them time. They'll hopefully get it right before too long. It is very common for parent fish to do this.

Ken

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
awww that stinks!! I remember all of my pairs, took 3-4 spawns before they left them alone....give them time beautiful pair~!

joshua 74

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Good luck jeff hope it goes really well for you I plan to start breeding angels separately soon atm they are spawning in my discus tank weird I think that is weird nut all well the eggs don’t even last a day after I notice them im trying to get 2 100L tanks set up but just don’t got the time. I will need a bit of help soon.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom