My Angelfish Locking Lips

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
So you watch General Hospital eh? lol
My cats names are Milo, Georgie, Lucky & Jake. Georgie is the only one who was intentional, she is a she. We named her watching GH. lol

One of your angels may be an Alexis or a Carly

Last edited:

TFA101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Might wanna keep an eye on them. Most cichlids, such as your angels here, only lock lips when trying to prove dominance. Beware

oh by the way, what are those barbs you have in your tank? They look pretty

Last edited by a moderator:

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hahaha WOW great amazing looking angels...awesome vid...sure ones not a jeanette ? hope my angels grow upthis nicely!

Sabi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Might wanna keep an eye on them. Most cichlids, such as your angels here, only lock lips when trying to prove dominance. Beware
Their lip locking is generally a kinda challenge to one one another to see if the other is a strong enough parent-to-be to father/mother the fry. Yours dont look too aggressive to each other but you want to keep an eye.
Beautiful angels!

Last edited:

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thank you for watching and replying and for the compliments on my angels. I have had them for over a year, and they have been extremely peaceful, so I don't think this is anything worrisome...but I will definitely keep an eye on them!

So you watch General Hospital eh? lol
My cats names are Milo, Georgie, Lucky & Jake. Georgie is the only one who was intentional, she is a she. We named her watching GH. lol

One of your angels may be an Alexis or a Carly
I actually don't watch General Hospital, guess it's a coincidence! I picked the name Jasper out of the blue, and I went with Jerry in honor of my first angel Fitzgerald (Fitgerald...Jerry...) who had passed away.

oh by the way, what are those barbs you have in your tank? They look pretty
Thank you! They are rosy barbs, but they are a really vivid orange. Aside from where I bought them, I haven't come across other rosy barbs that really bright orange color...so I don't know if there is some sort of a difference? If anybody has info, please share.

TFA101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Depending on the level of care, a fish's color will correspond to that. Rosy barbs for example will show drab, unnappealing colors in a Petstore like PetSmart or Petco due to the lack of care. As for the home aquarium where care exists in a more proper manner, fish colors will intensify. This is especially true with proper lighting, water conditions, and a varied diet

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

If it was a challenge/aggression thing, they have been back to their peaceful selves ever since, so hopefully things are fine.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom