My angelfish is not growing

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i bought four small angels a few months ago, and three are growing, but one of them is still small...is there a reason for this?

AmazonPassion

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I see in your profile that the 4 Angels are in the 29g along with other fish....is that current?

I'm going to guess that the 4 Angels aren't growing because that tank is to small for them. I think they've become stunted in growth. keeping them in that tank for a couple of weeks is fine but a couple of months is a different story.

Last edited:

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i got them small, to see if i can get a pair...three of them are growing normally but one of them has not.

backflipfronflip

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
+1 on Amazonpassion

What size of tank are they in currently and how long have they been in that tank for? If they are in a 29g tank then it is likely that they are stunted as the tank is a large amount too small.

Eienna

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It does sound like that one is simply the first to have been affected. 29g is absolute minimum for ONE pair.

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
so it was a bad idea to get four to get a pair then...ok...will have to rehome then...thanks

luke355027355027

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
so it was a bad idea to get four to get a pair then...ok...will have to rehome then...thanks
A 29 gallon is on the smaller size for 4 angels but shouldn't be the reason that one specific fish isnt growing what is the size difference in the 3 fish compared to the small one

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i have two angels that are about the size of a half dollar, one at about a little bigger than a quarter and then the one the size of a nickel.

Eienna

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I wonder if one of them is getting stunted by an internal parasite infestation? Is it a little thin (hard to tell with angels, I know) by comparison? Any white, stringy poo?
Your food looks fine, BTW, thought I should mention that. I prefer NLS myself, but Omega One's pretty decent.
What are your current water parameters?

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would remove the one that's not growing. If the others are, then there's obviously something wrong with it.

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
the small one eats great....he acts normal...just not growing much....maybe i will be rehoming him

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom