My Anemone won't open

Chris_200

I've had a bubble tip for about a year. Recently I moved to a different house and therefore got a larger aquarium. Everything was fine, the transfer went well and then I added a leather toadstool. Then everything seemed to go downhill. I had a disease outbreak, saved my maroon clown, lost my Coral Beauty, then the toadstoll died, and I had an aiptasia outbreak all the while. I tried to remove them with aiptaisia-x but it did not work and the problem got bigger. They seemed to surround my bubble tip anemone yet the clown stayed with it. One day the BTA started travelling then parked itself on a different location of the rock and closed up. I thought maybe the aiptasia were harassing it so I purchased three peppermint shrimp who very quickly wiped out the aiptasia population (less than 3 days). Now, with no threat around, the BTA still will not open. I tried feeding it but it remains closed. The clown has kept trying to hang out but nothing changes. the only difference I notice is at night when the BTA grows a little but still does not open. Could it be sick? Perhaps the Toadstool released toxins when it died and this effected the anemone? It is still firmly attached to the rock but stays shrivelled. I don't know what to do.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Esimm03
  • Question
Replies
Views
fish 321
Replies
Views
Lchi87
Replies