My albino BN Died

Hpup456

Reaction score
I had 2 albino BN plecos and I recently went to check on them. Sadly one was dead so I got it out of the tank. Well looking at it to find out what went wrong I noticed green splotches on the stomach and a very dark head. This particular one was fat and I didn't know why. I would like to know if I should be concerned for the other one, what caused it, and if i should do anything for the other one. If pictures are needed i have them i just dont know if i should post pics of a dead pleco, because I am new here. Thanks in advance

OP
Hpup456

Hpup456

Reaction score
My sister got them for me at christmas 2019 so a few months, just like you the one that died didnt get much bigger once I put it in the 30 gal. But the living one is a soon to be very pretty male

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
Hpup456 said:
My sister got them for me at christmas 2019 so a few months, just like you the one that died didnt get much bigger once I put it in the 30 gal. But the living one is a soon to be very pretty male
What are you feeding your little guy? Do you have a piece of driftwood in there for him to rasp on? I am not sure BN Pleco's need it as I seldom see mine paying much attention to the pieces I have in for them. My little guys get raw zucchini at least twice a week. Along with the zucchini they also get algae wafers, veggie rounds, shrimp pellets or mini sinking wafers for bottom feeders. Not all at once of course.

OP
Hpup456

Hpup456

Reaction score
It does have driftwood that has a cave like thing that the living one always hangs out in. They get vegie wafers and shrimp wafers, which are meant for the cory cats, daily as well as veggies when I remember. I gave them some fresh green beans from my garden yesterday.

New Threads