My African Dwarf Frogs fighting.......

gmann21193

Valued Member
Reaction score
my biggest ADF was shedding.... he ripped off a chunk of skin and tried to eat it.... it came off his back leg so it was long and a piece of it was hanging out of his mouth. then my smallest frog comes over.."Hey what is that long swaying wormlike looking treat over there?" Grabs onto the piece of skin.... and then they wrestle over it...... It really looks like they are killing each other but surprisingly no frog was harmed in the making of this video!!!!

crazy frogs..... :

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
LOL.. they are crazy frogs.. that is a funny video - like frog tug-of-war.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's pretty funny and neat. My frogs I had long ago just sat and hid.

gmann21193

Valued Member
Reaction score
mine are really active!!!!!!

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What did you feed them? ???

gmann21193

Valued Member
Reaction score

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Live?

gmann21193

Valued Member
Reaction score
no.. dont want to put them at risk of disease... they eat frozen bloods. oh and everyone.... the Bigger frog in the video died today... i still dont know what from..... one minute he was fine... the next he was dead R.I.P. Froggy.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry to hear that. :'( How long did you have him?

gmann21193

Valued Member
Reaction score
I got all 3 of them april 23. He was kinda actin strange before he went.. if only i knew what was wrong. The other two are doing great and just ate and look nice a full and are swimming happily around.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
gmann21193 said:
no.. dont want to put them at risk of disease... they eat frozen bloods. oh and everyone.... the Bigger frog in the video died today... i still dont know what from..... one minute he was fine... the next he was dead R.I.P. Froggy.
aww, we're sorry to hear that.. poor little guy. looks like he had a real good life though with you.

gmann21193

Valued Member
Reaction score
he was in my tank for almost a month. It would have been a month tommorow... Idk there is something different about frogs.... maybe cuz they have four limbs and breath air...idk, but i couldnt new his body out of the tank.... it was too hard (mentally speaking). I had to get my mom to do it for me....... dang those little guys look like little fetuses out of the water it gave me chills..... haha when I first got into the fishkeeping hobby 6 years ago, I got 5 fish for my new 5 gallon tank. lol i was sooo stupid.... and uneducated... I got an angel, a pleco, a gourami, a kissing gourami, and some other cichlid. talk about overstocked! anyways.... through all the years of all the fish passing away and me getting new ones... my first gourami lived through it all. I had her for 5 years until she was the last in her tank through several re-stocks. We kept her with my neighbor last year because our house was under construction. Wont ya know she died. Got super fat on one side.... maybe a tumor. anyways I wwanted to have a proper burial for her.... so i made a coffin but our house was under contruction so i put her in a baggy and left her in the freezer and now bout a year later she is still on that shelf in the freezer wating to be buried. I wanted to put my froggy in the freezer, but mom wouldnt go for that. She said one dead animal in the freezer was good enough for her.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That was quite the gourami and it does sound like a tumor. do you plan to get another frog buddy for your remaining frog?

gmann21193

Valued Member
Reaction score
well there are two left so they keep each other company. I think the tank was an still is overstocked. Its only a five gallon and I have 1 mystery snail, 1 guppy, and two ADF's. thats about 7.5 inches of creatures if I am correct. the guppy shouldnt be in there but I cant bring myself to giving him back to petco . I would want to trade the guppy for an oto... it would give the tank a more natural ( and cleaner) look because the tank is planted.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ahh.. ok. they'll be happy then.

the otos are pretty timid and i'm not sure how they'd take to ADFs.. they can actually die from fright and need to have at least 2 or 3.

gmann21193

Valued Member
Reaction score
dang... An oto would look really good in the tank. *sigh* oh well

Radcliffe

Valued Member
Reaction score
FLBettaCouple said:
ahh.. ok. they'll be happy then.

the otos are pretty timid and i'm not sure how they'd take to ADFs.. they can actually die from fright and need to have at least 2 or 3.
I have two ottos in a tank with two african dwarf frogs and they get on just fine. They ignore each other mostly, and one time I found an otto sitting on one of my frogs!

So funny!

--R

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
cool, thanks Radcliffe.. sounds like otos take to ADFs well then. But like you said gmann, it is a little bit overstocked and a couple otos would only push it further, even with a trade-in of the guppy.

gmann21193

Valued Member
Reaction score
I know. I guess if I REALLY wanted to I could trade in the guppy and the mystery snail but I love the snail to much. The only thing I would be willing to give away is the guppy, and I know there is nothing I could really get to replace it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom