My adf has been floating for days

PoppyS

Hi I have one adf in a ten gallon tank and recently she has been floating at the top. I read some things online and I thought she would come down but she hasn’t. It has probably been close to a week and she is still floating. She will move some but won’t really swim. I feed her dried tubifex worms every other day. I was getting worried so I gently pushed her down, to see if she had any control. She didn’t, and floated back to the top like she didn’t want to. Every once and a while she will swim down really fast and try to go under leaves but just floats back up. I am going out of town in a few days and I was hoping someone might know what is wrong. Please help!!!

Jo7984

I think it may be an idea you fill out the emergency template on here and when someone comes along they will try and help but they will need to know your water parameters etc.

Also your profile states you do not know about the nitrogen cycle, you should possibly have a little read up about this too and it's very important to know about.

Hoping you get answers :)
Emergency template
Also, if you click on the ADF link in your question there is some great information about them in there too.

Upvote 0

PoppyS

I think it may be an idea you fill out the emergency template on here and when someone comes along they will try and help but they will need to know your water parameters etc.

Also your profile states you do not know about the nitrogen cycle, you should possibly have a little read up about this too and it's very important to know about.

Emergency template
Also, if you click on the ADF link in your question there is some great information about them in there too.
Sorry about that I’m kinda new to all this. Thanks though.

Upvote 0

PoppyS

Sorry about that I’m kinda new to all this. Thanks though.

Emergency template
She died today. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

SamMe

I'm sorry to hear you lost your pet. : (

Upvote 0

Jo7984

She died today. Thanks for the help.

I'm so sorry to hear that <3

I would definitely recommend reading up about the Nitrogen Cycle etc before buying more.

Upvote 0

PoppyS

I'm so sorry to hear that <3

I would definitely recommend reading up about the Nitrogen Cycle etc before buying more.
Yes, I think I will give my tank to my sister who knows more about that.

Upvote 0

Gameynerd23

I'm sorry to hear about your frog passing. :(

I had a similar problem with one of my ADFs. It began floating at the top, bloating, and had a red spot on its stomach. I think mine died from a combination of internal bleeding due to an injury and bloat caused by the frozen bloodworms I was feeding them. I've read that freeze-dried foods and bloodworms aren't good to feed ADFs. I've since switched to frozen mysis shrimp every other day and my ADFs love them and seem to be doing well. I haven't had anymore deaths since then. It's very discouraging when we lose a pet without knowing the cause, but if you want to try ADFs again, give the Mysis Shrimp a try! I get my Mysis Shrimp at Petco, so they aren't too hard to find.

Upvote 0

PoppyS

I'm sorry to hear about your frog passing. :(

I had a similar problem with one of my ADFs. It began floating at the top, bloating, and had a red spot on its stomach. I think mine died from a combination of internal bleeding due to an injury and bloat caused by the frozen bloodworms I was feeding them. I've read that freeze-dried foods and bloodworms aren't good to feed ADFs. I've since switched to frozen mysis shrimp every other day and my ADFs love them and seem to be doing well. I haven't had anymore deaths since then. It's very discouraging when we lose a pet without knowing the cause, but if you want to try ADFs again, give the Mysis Shrimp a try! I get my Mysis Shrimp at Petco, so they aren't too hard to find.
Ok I might do that. Thank you

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
m1kyy
  • Question
Replies
Views
MyFishAddiction
Replies
Views