My 76L Tank Journey.

Jon Crosby

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My partner surprised me with a new tank for my birthday (13th Dec) and it's a Life Style 76. Living in Australia and not on a permanent visa it's hard to get big tanks that I want due to not knowing how long I'll in Australia so getting this is a good start.

My plan for this thread is to update every so often with photos, time-lapses, slow-motion videos.

I am still new to this hobby (1 Year) but I try my best and I am always keen to learn, so please fire away with suggestions and some criticism regarding my setup.

This is my 76 Liter tank who homes -
(My cat Lily loves to watch the tank!)

Photo 18-1-20, 6 34 47 pm.jpg

One Male Betta -

Photo 18-1-20, 8 10 17 pm.jpg

One (Unsexed) Bristlenose Pleco

Photo 18-1-20, 8 39 13 pm.png

Two Apple Snails

Photo 18-1-20, 7 11 38 pm.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hikari Mini Algae Wafers - Used to feed the Bristlenose Pleco and the Apple Snail

Hikari Bio betta gold - Used to feed the Betta Fish

Bloodworms - Used to switch up my betta diet.

I use Zucchini and Cucumber from time to time to switch up what my BN and snails are eating.

Seachem Flourish - Used mainly for the Anubias and moss balls

Seachem Flourish Tabs - Used for all my rooted plants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my tank I have I believe 7 different types of plants and unfortunately, I do not know the names of them all so feel free to comment with the names.

2 Moss Balls (Aegagropila linnaei)

1 Bunch of Baby Tears (Micranthemum umbrosum)

1 Bunch of Ambulia (Limnophila sessiliflora)

Anubias attached to Driftwood

3 unknown to me but I am sure someone will have the answer for the name if you need up-close photos I shall attach if requested.

I have used Seiryu stone for my "Hardscape" which is my favorite looking stone to use. The 7 pieces within the tank weigh around 4KG and cost me $36 AUD

Photo 18-1-20, 6 34 47 pm d.jpg

I have also used a piece of driftwood and attached an Anubis plant to 3 different parts of the wood. This cost me $30 AUD for this piece.

Photo 18-1-20, 8 10 07 pm.jpg

Here is a list of items I have used for my tank -

3D Aquarium Background - Which has been cut to size and glued to the back of the tank.

Heater (100 watt) - Which is currently set to 28°C / 82°F

Black airline tubing - Hidden in the corner of the tank blended into the background.

Black airline elbow section - Hidden in the gravel leading to the airstone.

PVC Encased Airstone (30CM) - Buried under the gravel.

Airline Control Kit - Under table to control the airstone.

Air pump (2500)- Attached under the table to minimize vibration (Highly recommend)

Glass nano thermometer - To monitor the temperature in the tank.

API freshwater testing kit - For testing my water.

Seachem Prime - Used when doing my water changes.

Gravel - Natural Looking gravel easy for planting plants.

Water pump - Used for water changes, it may take longer to fill up but it doesn't disturb the water which seems to give less stress to the fish.

8mm Tubing - Used to attach to the pump and fill up the tank.

- Lifesaver! Attach to side of the tank and let it fill up without having to watch to make sure it doesn't fall out.

Prism

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nice job, can't wait for more updates!

Jon Crosby

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score

Toria165

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Beautiful tank sir!

Jon Crosby

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This is how I do my water changes ---> Click Here <--- do you do anything differently? Anything I should consider doing when I change my water? Let me know

Jon Crosby

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year

Jon Crosby

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
MissNoodle said:
Apple snails are awesome! Love the tank, its beautiful
I am a big fan of Apple snail aswell, they seem to be very active snails and enjoy watching them!

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks really good.

Jon Crosby

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Meet my cat Lily who has taken an interest in my betta! ---> Click Here <--- She's a lovely playful cat, the betta flares up when they lock eyes it's interesting to watch I must admit

Jon Crosby

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What's on the menu tonight? Well, it's Zucchini & Spinach Kebabs ---> Click Here <--- have a look and see my snails and BN chowing down on dinner!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom