My 75g set up

Neebles

Aright well I've seen a lot of awesome builds on here.. I figured I would take a few minutes and show mine to you guys. It's a 75 gallon tank with sump.. After it's done cycling it will be home to some African Cichlids. Anyway, I know the decorations may be a little goofy but the kids and wife like them a lot so in they go. Anyway here are some pics! Thanks for looking!

Front

image.jpeg

"Secret" side

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

10g auto top off reservoir

image.jpeg

Sump
image.jpeg

The sump has a filter sock and heater in the first chamber, a heater and ceramic bio media in the second chamber, ph and temp probes and the return pump in the 3rd. It allows me to keep everything out of the display. No worries about broken equipment in there. I'm currently also running an APEX system (way overkill) which allows me to monitor ph and temp real time, as well as program and control all equipment via my computer or phone. It also had a web cam hooked up to it so I could watch the tank from anywhere but I broke it...

Anywho questions or comments let me know!! Thanks again for looking.

sorry about the sideways pics..not sure what happened

qchris87

Well Known
Absolutely awesome tank! Hope you update when you add fish

OP
N

Neebles

Absolutely awesome tank! Hope you update when you add fish

Thank you so much! That's very kind of you!! I definitely will update once I add fish.

Wolf65

HI Neebles,
the tank looks awesome and I like the setup.
Would like to know more about a sump system. Sounds like it gives a lot more safety and stability.

OP
N

Neebles

HI Neebles,
the tank looks awesome and I like the setup.
Would like to know more about a sump system. Sounds like it gives a lot more safety and stability.

sure! Do you have specific questions? Some general info..it's an acrylic sump...first chamber is the largest and deepest..water in the display tank goes into an overflow and is dropped into the first chamber via pvc pipe. It runs through the filter sock which collects any good size junk. Ultimately the chamber will over flow into the middle chamber, which contains the second heater and a large block of ceramic bio media. From there it overflows over a shorter baffle, travels under another baffle, then one more overflow into the return chamber. From there is is sucked up by the return pump and circulated back into the display. I would say the sump holds 25 extra gallons of water...Unless I'm going to vacuum the substrate my water changes are done via the sump. I drain the water out, and fill it right back up again. I find its the best way to do it as to not disturb the inhabitants in the main tank.

Wolf65

I really like that. Unfortunately my tank has no facility for an overflow, unless it overflows the complete tank.
Must do a customized one or try to buy one with overflow. I belief most of the reef tanks have overflow.
As I don't need heater here in the Philippines the second chamber would than be just the media for the BB

Wolf65

That's fantastic. This will be my next project

OP
N

Neebles

That's fantastic. This will be my next project

good luck!! More water volume=more stability!

LeoDiaz

Fishlore VIP
Very nice tank, the sand came out great. Looks even better being build in to the wall.

OP
N

Neebles

Very nice tank, the sand came out great. Looks even better being build in to the wall.

thanks Leo, keep me posted on the status of your fry...They will be the first in this tank...

LeoDiaz

Fishlore VIP
thanks Leo, keep me posted on the status of your fry...They will be the first in this tank...

Sure will, if they are not ready by when you need them the GCCA swap is always coming up .

Mbuna

Very nice! What are your stocking plans?

AgentFireBond

I love that you built it into the closet ^.^ Easy access from behind the scenes

OP
N

Neebles

Sure will, if they are not ready by when you need them the GCCA swap is always coming up .

for sure, but I'm in no rush, cycle is still going strong.

OP
N

Neebles

Very nice! What are your stocking plans?

thanks! Planning on some Yellow Labs, Albino socolofI and some demasoni...

OP
N

Neebles

I love that you built it into the closet ^.^ Easy access from behind the scenes

for sure. It's actually a wall I built to enclose the utilities and the crawl space from the rest of the basement. It's got a full size door down at the other end of the wall. I just have the little door you see in the pics because that's all I could fit in the space as the stairs are right there. I actually have 2 10 gallon tanks under the stairs and another 20gL on a stand inside the room. They aren't stocked with anything but I use them for hospital/qt tanks.

Similar Aquarium Threads

2 3 4
Replies
Views
HarryPotter
Replies
Views
EbiAqua
Replies
Views
Shadowcatprime
  • xenabrat
  • Koi
Replies
Views
Doug
Replies
Views
KribensisLover1

Random Great Page!

Did You Know...

We have a calculator page with many calculators you might need while running your aquarium. Aquarium volume, temperature conversions, heater size needed, etc. See here:
Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom