My 75 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by samantha.h, Apr 18, 2018.

1. samantha.h

samantha.h Valued Member Member

Just wanted to share a picture of how my 75 is looking, figured this would be the place to do it!

It’s been up and running since July of last year. Started out with live plants, they ended up either being devoured by my snails or died out. Added the plastic plants in January or February.

IMG_8657.JPG

Close Up
    IMG_8658.JPG

2. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

I wish my fake plants looked that realistic!!! Do you have anything besides neons/cardinals in there?

3. OP
    OP
    samantha.h

Yes, I actually have quite a bit in there but they’re all over the place because I had just fed them before taking the picture.

I have cardinal tetras, pearl gouramis, angels, German blue rams, a couple cories, and an assortment of snails!

4. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

Nice! The tank is gorgeous.

5. Ryan P

Ryan P Valued Member Member

Agree beautiful tank! We almost have the same stocking. Besides the snails, I removed them and re-homed them when I figured they we'e munching on my plants (dead parts but good leaves gets affected too) and since then I've had success with my plants LOL

6. OP
    OP
    samantha.h

Thank you both!

Ryan, so do you have both angels and pearls? I’ve had a few people voice concern over that combination, and I’m wondering if you have any personal experience you’re willing to share on the matter!

7. Hunter1

Hunter1 Well Known Member Member

Nice tank, looks pretty.

I have snails climbing on my plants all the time, but no damage. Includes mystery snails, nerites and pond snails in a couple of the tanks. I think they are eating diatoms.

8. Ryan P

Ryan P Valued Member Member

I have pretty much have the same stocking except for the angel, I have amano's and RCS on the tank so didn't want to risk them being eaten by the angel. I considered it but not as a pair or a lot but one single angelfish, then decided to get the pearl gourami instead

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice