my 72 Bow Front

1. Gamer Well Known Member Member

Night shot. I'll add a shot tomorrow when they're more active. But right now I've got 4 cories, neon tetras as well as a few more tetras and a blue gourami. I'm taking a trip to the fish store for the first time in a long time this weekend, and hoping to find more to bring home, then add soon.

[​IMG]

2. claireputput Well Known Member Member

:)

3. Gamer Well Known Member Member

Awe, glad I could put a smile on your face. :;smack

And thanks I like it alright.

[​IMG]

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

That's a lovely looking tank.
    Is that a red tail shark I can see? If so keep an eye on it as it matures as they can get territoral & aggressive especially with the corys as they tend to inhabit the same areas of the tank

5. Gamer Well Known Member Member

Yes, we have one RTS.

I just did a count.

1 RTS
    1 Blue gourami (hope to add more blue & gold if possible)
    2 Serpae tetras
    4 cories
    7 rummies
    over a dozen neons...

Only other things I have any desire to add is more blue gouramis, gold gouramis, and some kind of livebearer like maybe a kind of platy like 4 of them.

Could add floating plants for the gouramis but would need to be silk, or plastic. My lighting, isn't cut out for live.

6. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

You could do with upping your numbers of serpae tetras & corys as they're shoaling fish & should be kept in groups of 6+.
    Livebearers need harder water than the rest of your fish so I wouldn't add a platy.
    You could have a couple more gourami but make sure you only have one male & a couple of females or you'll have trouble

7. Gamer Well Known Member Member

The serpaes I had 6, but it's one of those species that's gotten to where I don't want to replace them as they go. So I didn't have any plans of getting more even though I'm aware they're shoaling fish.

Cories I may move to a sand substrate tank soon. In fact, I probably am definately going to (40 breeder with sand).

I'll do that with the m/f ratio regarded the gouramis.

8. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

9. Gamer Well Known Member Member

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have the hallide (?) light or anything else for that kind of setup for such amazing schooling anyway lol.

Biggest I can go is 125. Where I'd have closer to the space, but would want to do something different for (firemouth cichlid biotope where the neons would likely become food so I'd leave schooling tetras out of that one).