My 6x2x2 - shark + EEL

Deejaysims

Reaction score
My first post on this forum, i thought i would show you how i have been building up my 6x2x2 reef aqaurium.

This is how i had it only a few months ago before a crash :-( i lost everything in my tank including my much loved sting ray + port jackson sharks which were all eating out of my hand (not recommended to try as the sting ray will nail you with their barb)
(click on the photos to play video.. sorry about quality, lost alot of quality wehn i uploaded them)
14.jpg

I have since added alot more live rock and slowly building up my coral stock, i have now a port jackson shark (about 1.6feet long) and a snowflake eel (about 3.4 feet long) plus other fish such as lionfish and damsels:
15.jpg

I have now added even more coal and slowling sculpting the aqauscape to the way i like it with a nice overhang ledge for the shark to ly under in the shaded areas..
16.jpg

My next addition will be a blue tang, and some wrasses, have not decided yet...possible a birdnose or rainbow wrasse. a few banner fish and a few assorted angels.

being a 6 x 2 x 2 i am finding it hard to be satisfied with the amout of fish in there... even with the large shark, eel and lion fish it still seems empty!!

i will keep updating as i add things to it!

Cheers!

Deejaysims

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice on getting flower Morphs to multiply? i have a metal halide light and water levels are spot on..yet they seem to struggle. the only level which is high is my phosphate.... mainly due to the massive bioload from the wast from the shark and eel....

any tips?

Deejaysims

Reaction score
cheers!

slowly getting there!!

i have only been keeping marine now for about a year and have finaly over the past 6 months gained the confididence and know how to keep the system running properly!

ALOT of time and effort seem to be the main key to success!

Howeyg

Valued Member
Reaction score
deej im wondering seeing as your in aus land couldnt you take a day trip to great barrier reef and get fish for free??

Deejaysims

Reaction score
i wish!! if only it were that easy! the reef is about a 15+hr drive plus a boat trip away!

i do however catch sharks,sting rays and eels every weekend when i go fishing. most of them are too big to keep but some of them have taken quite nicely to my tanks! sure beats paying $200+ for them

Callum The Cat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Howeyg said:
deej im wondering seeing as your in aus land couldnt you take a day trip to great barrier reef and get fish for free??
nah its illegal anyway and were about in australia ared u from i live in victoria near melbourne

Peace Out Callum!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom