My 59g Bowfront Corner Tank

1. MatthewContri

MatthewContri New Member Member

This is my reinsertion into the tank world, it has been over 10 years since I had my last tank.

A little back story:
    I bought this 59g Bowfront corner tank and stand for $50, the stand wasn't in good shape and the tank needed some good ol' elbow grease to get clean and looking good again. When I went to redo the stand, within it I found 5 large pieces of driftwood, beautiful.

Anyway, I figured I would do a community planted tank, personally I cannot stand fake plants.

This tank has been up and running for a little over a month, with parameter checks twice weekly and 25 - 30% WC weekly as well. Scheduled dosing of (2x weekly) Macros and (2x weekly) Micros from Flourish along with dailies of Flourish Excel and root tabs for the root plants.

I am also planning on getting a CO2 system, but not quite sure what to get, there are just so many options and the space is limited inside the stand so a 5lb max CO2 tank is all I can have.

I am not too keen on the aquascape, so if anyone has ideas let me know.

The equipment running this tank is the following:
    • Aquatop CF300 Canister Filter
    • Fluval M 200W Submersible Heater
    • Hydor Koralia Nano 240 Aquarium Circulation Pump, 240 GPH
    • RISEPRO Digital Thermometer and a basic thermometer (just in case)
    • Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Fully Automated Aquarium LED, Controller, 24 Inch on timer set for 4-On, 3-Off, 4-On.
    Plants within the tank (Substrate is Fluval Plant Stratum):
    • Echinodorus rubin (Red Rubin)
    • Echinodorus amazonicus (Amazon sword)
    • Anubias nana
    • Anubias
    • Lobelia cardinalis (Cardinal)
    • Staurogyne Repens
    • Pogostemon helferi
    • Dwarf Rotala (I think)
    • Pogostemon helferi
    • Windelov Java Fern
    • Christmas Moss
    Inhabitants of the tank:
    • Zebra Danios
    • Neon tetras
    • Serpae Tetras
    • Black Skirt Tetras
    • Gold Rams
    • Dwarf Flame Gouramis
    • Julii Corys
    • Otocinclus
    • Zebra nerites
    • and a few Amano Shrimp

Attached Files:

2. watermelon46

watermelon46 Valued Member Member

Beautiful tank! A wonderful set up of plants and a nice mix of fish! I see you have many hiding spots for your fish in that tank. If you don't like your aquascape, maybe you could move most of the big rocks and driftwood towards the corner (the corner can be their little hiding spot, and if you design it well enough, I'm sure they'll love it in there), and get a small plant to put towards the front such as water sprite (if you already have a similar plant in mind - maybe your java fern? - you could put it there instead). Your tank though, so do what you like. Anyway, I love the setup! Keep us updated with pictures!

3. Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele Well Known Member Member

Gorgeous tank!!!

4. 86 ssinit

86 ssinit Well Known Member Member

Nice set up!! With what plants you have you won’t need co2. The excell is liquid co2.Good luck with it.

5. JoeCamaro

JoeCamaro Well Known Member Member

Beautiful!

6. OP
    OP
    MatthewContri

Thank you all. :)

7. OP
    OP
    MatthewContri

A CO2 system would make the plants better though right? I placed Monte Carlo in the front as I would really like to have a nice carpet in front. Since you said they won't need the CO2 system, would having a small one, maybe paintball tank size benefit a little more.