My 55g Tropical FW Aquarium

1. salmonfly Initiate Member

2. steed1172 Well Known Member Member

wow, nice plants! your aquarium info says that they are ALL fake??.. wow i coulda sworn that those were real :O.... are they name brand?

3. David C Well Known Member Member

It's a beautiful tank, you did a great job with the plants to make it look really natural. Congratulations on the hard work.

Dave

4. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore:;balloons

Nice tank, how many fish do you have? Its really colorful and busy.

5. ynaggo Member Member

Not to be a critic but it transitions too much >_<

Beautiful Tank Though :)

6. agabr123 Fishlore VIP Member

congrats! the tank looks great!

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Merged posts and moved thread.

Hello SalmonFly and Welcome to Fish Lore. Your tank and fish are beautiful. Wonderful job on the video as well. I like the song! Thanks for sharing.
    Ken

:animal0068:I have merged your two posts since they are showing the same video. No need for duplicates. I've also moved your thread to Freshwater Videos section of the forum.
    Thanks!
    Ken

8. salmonfly Initiate Member

Hi all,
    Yes the plants are are artificial. Some of them came from a 29g bow front I started with. I figured I'd go ahead and use them and add a few more for now until I feel comfortable enough to work with real plantings. There are about 30 fish in the tank now. All water parameters are within the proper range and the fish are healthy. Presently I am trying to talk my wife into a 90/100 gallon tank. This may take awhile but I'll get there. The transitions are the result of the editing program. It mixes the video with audio and shortens the video time to match the audio track time. That's something I'll have to work on somemore.
    Scott

9. acolli51 Member Member

Wow that is a LOT of fish! I like the look of your tank though, as everyone else has said, the fake plants look very nice and natural.

10. Fishnugget43 Member Member

I cant look at any of the videos... :;swdad

11. play Member Member

Awesome tank

12. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

wow, that is a very nice tank!:;perfect

13. catfishlover123 Well Known Member Member

:;perfect:kewlpics::;th:;sl Good job on the video!

14. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

Nice tank!!

15. Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Very Nice Tank! And a perfect song to go with your video :;drum

16. Omgami Member Member

I love your tank, very nice.

17. platyfish Member Member

Nice tank! It seems very busy lol

18. chrisb01 Well Known Member Member

Great, I love it. I like your selection of fish as well as plants. All my plants are fake also.

I just don't have any luck with natural plants.

Good luck into talking your wife into a bigger tank. I'm on that very same project right now myself. It's not easy, but we will prevail. :usaflag:

19. Angela_96 Fishlore VIP Member

I love the plants.... I wish I could find artifical plants like that!

20. salmonfly Initiate Member

Thank You/Atificial Planting/Larger Tank

Good morning all,
    First of all I want to say Thank You for all your kind comments on the tank and video.

The plantings are nothing more than what your LFS carries. Just took sometime to pull my thoughts together before I purchaced. What I kind of like is the string of fall colored maple leaves. The are silk and color fast with a metal wire through the stem so they can be bent to your liking. I did seal the ends so the metal is not exposed to the water.

As far as moving up to a larger tank in the near future it's gotten kind of ugly :;b. I don't don't quite understand why. I'm thinking maybe because I 've been unemployeed for two years but not sure. Oh well, like I said "someday".

Have a great day,
    Scott