My 55 gal live plant tank.

1. Jeepfisher Initiate Member

Here is my tank. Transitioned from 29 to 55 about 3 months ago. I have it in my shop so built in on a 4x4 cart with casters. I am working on getting rid of the little snails. Only fish is a bristle nose. Have about 8 mystery snails and some shrimp but never see them. uploadfromtaptalk1465787868443.jpg

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to Fishlore, your tank looks lovely have you plans to add more fish?

3. navarro1950 Member Member

Your tank looks great . If snails get out of control get a couple of clown loaches, they'll eat more snails then any other snail can kill .

4. Ihaveacactus Member Member

Your plants look so happy! What's the tall one on the right with the reddish leaves? Does it grow like that on its own or is it climbing some sort of formwork?

5. Jeepfisher Initiate Member

Can't remember what it is called. Thought of the loaches for snails but am afraid of what they would do to my mysteries. Also, wanna get some shrimp at some point. Thanks for the + comments

6. MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

7. Ihaveacactus Member Member

Thanks for the plant ID!

8. Jeepfisher Initiate Member

Thanks. It grows like crazy. I have it growing out of the top.

9. lyfeoffishin Member Member

Nice tank!

I wouldn't go clown loaches on a 55 gal because although they might last for awhile they would certainly outgrow it. Instead maybe try assassin snails. I but 3 in my 55 gal and they got rid of all snails within a month or two and I now have 5 also so they are breeding also

10. Jeepfisher Initiate Member

But I heard assassin's are hard on mystery snails