My 55 and 20 gal tanks 55 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Videos' started by acolli51, Dec 12, 2009.

1. acolli51

acolli51Valued MemberMember

Hey everybody, This is my first attempt at posting a video so I hope it works out. This is a 3 minute video of my 55 and my 20 gal tanks. The 55 has a turquoise severum, a honduran red point, a male kribensis and a rubber-lip pleco. The 20 gal has the female kribensis (until the male gets bigger than she is, then she will go in the 55) and 2 corys and 2 ottos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQgMs0Y1uT4

2. platy ben

platy benWell Known MemberMember

Hi acolli :D

I love both of your tanks but especially your 55G :D
    I love how you have started it with all babies :D
    Do you plan on adding anything else other than the female krib?

3. OP
    OP
    acolli51

Thanks platty ben, I don't know if I will add much else. It's gonna be a while before the fish grow up fully so I don't want to get greedy and overstock it before they grow up and end up with a problem later. It is hard because the tank looks so empty with just 3 small fish and a 3" rubber-lip pleco that hides a lot but I know it will be awesome when they are all fully grown. The 20 gal is a different story though. After the krib moves into the 55 I want to get a few more ottos and maybe 2 more corys. After that I want a school of something cool but I haven't decided yet. Any suggestions are always welcome!

4. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Wonderful vid!

5. platy ben

In my opinion I think having just the stock you are thinking of is perfect for your tank :) It is under stocked but however this is good, and I think your tank will look beautiful with just these fish :)

6. OP
    OP
    acolli51

Thanks ben and yeah, even with the rub-lip pleco it will only be 5 fish in a 55gal but the severum will be rather large (I hope) and I want it to be happy and an awesome centerpiece for the tank. That's why I think the Kribs and a HRP should make for colorful and active tank mates, but are relatively tame and shouldn't threaten or disturb it much. I have thought that maybe a small school of some kind that wouldn't become dinner for the others would be nice but I have to wait until they are mostly grown to make that call. I really would prefer to have more fish but considering what I have already chosen, I don't think I have too many options left.

7. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Great video acolli! Thanks for sharing. The fish are so tiny! :)
    Ken

8. iloveengl

iloveenglWell Known MemberMember

acolli51, I think it's wonderfully responsible of you to consider the room the fish will need as they grow larger and not stock more fish just to fill up space. :;hf Kudos to you!

Also, holy cow - your aquascaping is lovely! I really like both tanks - :;perfect

9. platy ben

Just a thought, maybe red line torpedo barbs? They are large and can have a school but they may take the peaceful ness out of your tank

10. ThunderValued MemberMember

I like how you did the stack of rocks arrangement in your 55g. The tanks look really nice. :)

11. OP
    OP
    acolli51

Thanks for all the comments and compliments, I really appreciate it and I can't wait for these guys to grow up and fill out the tank.

12. lorabellWell Known MemberMember

great video!!!!! tanks look great!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice