My 55 and 20 gal tanks 55 Gallon Tank

1. acolli51 Member Member

Hey everybody, This is my first attempt at posting a video so I hope it works out. This is a 3 minute video of my 55 and my 20 gal tanks. The 55 has a turquoise severum, a honduran red point, a male kribensis and a rubber-lip pleco. The 20 gal has the female kribensis (until the male gets bigger than she is, then she will go in the 55) and 2 corys and 2 ottos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQgMs0Y1uT4

2. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Hi acolli :D

I love both of your tanks but especially your 55G :D
    I love how you have started it with all babies :D
    Do you plan on adding anything else other than the female krib?

3. acolli51 Member Member

Thanks platty ben, I don't know if I will add much else. It's gonna be a while before the fish grow up fully so I don't want to get greedy and overstock it before they grow up and end up with a problem later. It is hard because the tank looks so empty with just 3 small fish and a 3" rubber-lip pleco that hides a lot but I know it will be awesome when they are all fully grown. The 20 gal is a different story though. After the krib moves into the 55 I want to get a few more ottos and maybe 2 more corys. After that I want a school of something cool but I haven't decided yet. Any suggestions are always welcome!

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Wonderful vid!

5. platy ben Well Known Member Member

In my opinion I think having just the stock you are thinking of is perfect for your tank :) It is under stocked but however this is good, and I think your tank will look beautiful with just these fish :)

6. acolli51 Member Member

Thanks ben and yeah, even with the rub-lip pleco it will only be 5 fish in a 55gal but the severum will be rather large (I hope) and I want it to be happy and an awesome centerpiece for the tank. That's why I think the Kribs and a HRP should make for colorful and active tank mates, but are relatively tame and shouldn't threaten or disturb it much. I have thought that maybe a small school of some kind that wouldn't become dinner for the others would be nice but I have to wait until they are mostly grown to make that call. I really would prefer to have more fish but considering what I have already chosen, I don't think I have too many options left.

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Great video acolli! Thanks for sharing. The fish are so tiny! :)
    Ken

8. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

acolli51, I think it's wonderfully responsible of you to consider the room the fish will need as they grow larger and not stock more fish just to fill up space. :;hf Kudos to you!

Also, holy cow - your aquascaping is lovely! I really like both tanks - :;perfect

9. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Just a thought, maybe red line torpedo barbs? They are large and can have a school but they may take the peaceful ness out of your tank

10. Thunder Member Member

I like how you did the stack of rocks arrangement in your 55g. The tanks look really nice. :)

11. acolli51 Member Member

Thanks for all the comments and compliments, I really appreciate it and I can't wait for these guys to grow up and fill out the tank.

12. lorabell Well Known Member Member

great video!!!!! tanks look great!!!!