My 5 aquariums with number 6 on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanB80TTS

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Pictures are not great quality at all but here are the 5 aquariums I currently have set up in the order I set them up.

1. 29gallon planted community, light is a planted plus 24/7 at about 9-10pm.
image.jpg

2. 20gallon high, some live plants, I guess it is somewhat a community, only 3 species in here.
image.jpgimage.jpg
Just did the rescape, here's the new look.

3. 10gallon planted shrimp tank, home to Dream blue velvet shrimp and their babies.
image.jpg

4. 10gallon Spare tank that I've had to turn into a tempory home for a Molly, Platy and her 10-12 fry.
image.jpg

5. Fluval spec V (5.5gallon) currently no livestock in here, intended home for either red cherry or neon yellow shrimp.
image.jpg

6. 55gallon aquarium is empty right now, intending to make this a South American themed aquarium when funds permit, as of now it sits dry with a bucket of anubias and Java fern under its lights.
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
DanB80TTS

DanB80TTS

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would have more if I could, if I had the room I would deffinately set up a rack full of 5-10 gallons to keep every kind of neo shrimp varient.

Tank number 2 has a rescape planned, I want to switch out the black gravel for a natural coloured grave. Rearange the decor and use plants and gravel I already have, won't cost me a dime

EricV

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have 11 just for shrimp currently (and will be adding 3-4 more in the next few months). 4 for the Reds (1PFR, 2FR, 1 Sakura) 2 for the blue pearls, 1 for the yellows, 1 for the Orange, 1 for the snowballs, 1 for the dream blue velvet, and 1 for the Sulawesi cardinals.

chrt396

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
If someone is sick when they have 6 tanks then what am I? I have more than 20 running right now lol

LOL...I know what you mean. I re-entered the hobby only since only March 17th, 2015. A wealth of information has been collected over these past few months. I just cycled #9 tank and in the middle of cycling #10.

BUT THAT IS IT!! NO MORE TANKS!!!

All I want to do now is just to upgrade the sizes. I have my eye on a 180g tank....But THEN I'M FINISHED!! I SWEAR!!!

To think..this all started with me going to get a pair of cords for my sunglasses and wandering into a little pet store and seeing a little 5 gallon Fluval Chi Tank. THAT was my demise.

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
LOL...I know what you mean. I re-entered the hobby only since only March 17th, 2015. A wealth of information has been collected over these past few months. I just cycled #9 tank and in the middle of cycling #10.

BUT THAT IS IT!! NO MORE TANKS!!!

All I want to do now is just to upgrade the sizes. I have my eye on a 180g tank....But THEN I'M FINISHED!! I SWEAR!!!

To think..this all started with me going to get a pair of cords for my sunglasses and wandering into a little pet store and seeing a little 5 gallon Fluval Chi Tank. THAT was my demise.
That is one expensive cord for your sunglasses!:jawdrop:. Alison

OP
DanB80TTS

DanB80TTS

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When I get a camera I will take some real pictures. I'm eager to show of my shrimp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 88 66.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 24 18.0%

Top Bottom