My 47 Gallon Column so far

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Gamer, Apr 16, 2010.

1. GamerWell Known MemberMember

There's more work to be done. I am adding more fish and more plants.

Here's what's in it so far:

3 Angelfish
    1 Lemon Tetra (definately more coming)
    3 Cories
    2 Amazon Swords
    1 Java Fern (attached to the driftwood)

I've ordered 2 ozelot swords and will get 10-15 narrow leaf chain swords in the foreground as well as more ferns to cover the driftwood.

Tank Shot (Sorry the first one's blurry):

556.jpg
    558.jpg

Lower Tank Shots (My schwartz loves to chill on the driftwood):

560.jpg
    562.jpg
    564.jpg

2. SuaveValued MemberMember

looks nice[: I look forward to more pics later on!!

3. JrobberWell Known MemberMember

Yeah that definitely looks cool, can't wait to see the end result!

4. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Hello Gamer,

Love the tank! Beautiful fish too :)
    Thanks for sharing.

Ken

5. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Gamer, that's a cool tank - what are the dimensions?

6. GamerWell Known MemberMember

Thanks alot everyone! The ozelots should arrive early next week. Ordered them 2nd day air yesterday but since they don't like to ship live plants on weekends they'll be sent Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks. It's 20" long and 30" high. 18" deep. The angels love going up and down.

7. peacemaker92Well Known MemberMember

Looks nice! very natural! Just my opinion, add more tall plants and it'll look like a green haven :)

Best of luck! :;hf

8. GamerWell Known MemberMember

Thanks. With the proper care the amazon can get close to the top which is what I hope will happen. Although I might not be able to wait and may just order one of those amazon mother swordplants from aquariumplants.com to replace the centerpiece one I currently have behind the driftwood. They sell the mother swords at 24" tall. I really want to focus on broadleaf plants in this set up although some tall jungle vals or wisteria may not be entirely out of the question in the future. Thanks alot.

9. tetralover77Valued MemberMember

nice tank where did you get it :;smack

10. GamerWell Known MemberMember

Pet Supermarket!!! :D

I had my eye on this column for a long time along with the 46 bow front which I will be buying this summer to place alongside of it. Can't wait for that but first, I have to finish this tank.

11. katwrightNew MemberMember

Ah, angels! How I love them...

12. GamerWell Known MemberMember

You do?! ME TOO!!!!!!!!! :D

13. Cool looking tank !!!

14. GamerWell Known MemberMember

Need opinions, does this look better with or without the blue background sheet? lol

590.jpg

BTW I went to get more lemon tetras and the fish store was out of them. :( They said they don't know if they're even going to get any new ones in anytime soon. I called up 3 more stores and they said they don't carry them or have them in stock BUT I did get a school of 12 black neon tetras today. I will probably remove the lemon to my Q tank later and hope to get a school of them in the future. I would order some but the only online distributor I trust is liveaquaria and they don't carry this particular tetra. Weird.

Anyway, blue background or not? And here's another shot of my new black neons (a tad blurry I know, I'm still figuring out this digital cam):

593.jpg

15. platy benWell Known MemberMember

I think keep the background, it really makes the colours of the plants and fish stand out! :)

16. GamerWell Known MemberMember

Indeed it does. I have to keep it now.

I will post update pics next week after I get my plant order. I am leaning toward not going with the narrow leaf pygmy chain swords in the front now. For foreground I will simply use a couple crypt wendtii's, hopefully that looks good. But update pics next week and a video too I promise. For now here's more I tried to get of my new black neons.

601.jpg
    603.jpg
    605.jpg

17. Tanman19azValued MemberMember

I say ditch the background cuz it's a column and they are made to be able to look at your fish from all angles even with cords and filters hanging.

18. shellbell4everWell Known MemberMember

Thats a Beautiful Tank :)
    I think if you can run the cords down a side(corner) I like the look with out the background,but if its against a wall then why not keep the background :)

19. JrobberWell Known MemberMember

I say keep the background, I think is looks nice.

20. tetralover77Valued MemberMember

imo:) you should get a black background
    :;toast

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice