My 45G baby koi tank :)

1. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Hello everybody :)

Here are 2 pictures of my baby koi tank :), they don't keep still so I only managed to get a picture of one of the koi lol :)

The tank has a total of 9 ghost koi, 2 orange koi, 1 orange+white koi and 2 golden orfe!
    I would like to stress that this tank is only being used for the koi for the winter, and they will be put in the pond once spring comes around!

The majority of the koi are about 1/2"-1" long :)

EDIT: Sorry about low quality pics :)

Attached Files:

2. emanluke Member Member

The look wonderful. My grandmother had a koi pond. I miss it a lot. I hope everyone takes the time to read through and see that it is only a temporary tank. Love the babies!

3. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Thankyou :)
    Im just hoping none of them get too big because once mid winter comes they cant be moved until spring!
    Im sure they will be ok and im hoping they do not exceed 3" at the most :)

4. emanluke Member Member

They're smart fish, they will do fine. :)

5. steed1172 Well Known Member Member

i envy your koi..... i can't have due to no pond, and if i had a pond, my dogs would probly try and eat them lol

6. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

wow...what size is your pond?!

7. platy ben Well Known Member Member

1800G :) My dad will be taking some for his 1100G pond in the spring so they wont be crowded :)

8. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

awww, they're so cute and tiny heehee. :) I hope we can see pics of them in the pond. Do you have to take them out of the big pond every winter or just the babies?

9. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Normally I would leave them in the pond however I have not had a batch of koi this big before and so I would like to ensure the majority survive :)

I will take some more pics sometime this week :)

10. MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

I am sooo jealous of your pond, lol :p Congrats on the baby koi. They are stunning little fish. Have fun with them this winter :) I'm sure they'll love the big pond when they get to move into it in the summer.

11. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Ive got some great looking silver ghost koi :) however ive noticed a couple of little more goldy ones in the tank :D cant wait to see what they end up like :D

12. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

What fun!!! They will be fine til spring!!

I did that one year and all was well...no heat in aquarium and they will grow a wee bit slower too (no stunting).

I love my Koi...nearly zero maintenace pets!!!...once the pond filter is established....I only have to clean my filter every 4 years or so. When we go away they eat all the algae and clean the pond up for me!!!

They are now bigger than my sister in laws dachshounds!!!...lolol

13. platy ben Well Known Member Member

I have a heater in mine but its set to 68 degrees, however my room is warm due to having 4 fish tanks in it lol :D

I used to have 2 huge ghost koi, my dad got them when he first bought this house, they were 22 years old but then white spot broke out and finished them off, this was around 6 years ago, my dad doesnt live here anymore so the pond is all mine :D, the 2 ghost koi were close to around 80cm long :)

14. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

wow! beautiful! you make me want goldies LOL you are so lucky to have a pond!

15. platy ben Well Known Member Member

I have some goldies in the pond, they are gorgeous ;)